Me & my bike

So, obviously, the photo above here isn’t me, nor is it my bike. But just to show you the coolitude of biking in Amsterdam, you needed to see at least one real Dutch girl on a real Dutch bike.

Because you’re constantly passing cool girls on bikes in Amsterdam. It’s simple, I asked around. It’s that no one knows anyone who doesn’t have a bike. Whoa, that’s a tough one. I’ll try again: everyone has a bike.

“It’s so great. You all have rock hard thighs,” I said. I’m so perceptive.

“It’s not that,” Ramona said. “Our legs don’t get anything from biking now. They’re too used to it.”

Aha. It’s still not fair.

Ramona was my guardian angel during these few wonderful days in Amsterdam. She was the one who glued me to my bike for the first half hour. She was also the one that taught me these :

- When you park your bike in the middle of the 350 other bikes all clustered together in each spot, if you knock them all over, IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT. It’s the owners’ fault who poorly parked them. “Even if you make ALL of them fall, Ramona?” “Yes, Garance. As long as yours is standing tall, you can leave with your head up. No one will say a thing.” Duly noted. And more than once.

- You can do everything on your bike… Talk on the phone, Google a restaurant, eat a sandwich, hold an umbrella in the rain (EVERYONE does that. It’s impressive.), CHANGE YOUR SHOES WHILE PEDDLING, TAKE A NAP. You can even do some streetstyle on them. The proof is right above with Elza. When we found her, we were riding our bikes. We followed her for a bit, like true crazies on bikes.

- You have to give a name to your bike. It’s essential and that’s just how it is. When I asked what Ramona had named hers, she couldn’t tell me. But I really wanted to believe this whole name thing… like really… Check out this photo below and you’ll see, see what I’m saying?

There he was, lost in a sea of others. When I saw him, I knew he was mine. My bike, my ally, my companion. I couldn’t not give him a name.

Chuck Bass. Yep. What better name could define the mix of purebred elegance and risqué style? Because I’m telling you, with Chuck Bass, I promise you that no matter where you go, you’ll never go unnoticed. Aaaah, yep, it’s gotta be the stretch limo.

Yours truly looking ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS with my little red and white sign that said, “Hey there, I’m a tourist. So whenever you feel like cutting me off and being all pissy and irritated, go right ahead my dear ladies and gentlemen of Amsterdam.”

Oh who cares? It’s Chuck Bass and me, and I love him. And then this morning, looking at him for one last time before taking my train, I felt a little tear drop down my cheek. He didn’t even move.

These bikes, they’re such bastards.

Translation : Tim Sullivan

• Biking in the City
    Biking in the City
  • The Commute
    The Commute
  • Le Chop
    Le Chop
  • On My Bike
    On My Bike

• léontine July, 27 2009, 6:32 / Reply

Quelle fraîcheur dans ce post ! C’est bien simple, on se croirait au printemps !
    Voilà que moi aussi je veux un vélo et j’ai trop envie de partir à Amsterdam. Tu es jolie comme tout avec ton sourire radieux, tes jambes fines (ah ces jambes !!!), ta jupe et ton foulard à pois.

• Tara July, 27 2009, 6:50 / Reply

Oh my gosh, you are the funniest person ever!!
    I love riding my bike but I find it hard not to feel like I’m flashing the world when I’m wearing a skirt. It doesn’t look like a problem for you, but…you’re Garance!

• Madelene July, 27 2009, 6:54 / Reply

Ah, the only biking I do these days is at spinning – sadly! This post is inspiring me to change that.

• Elodie July, 27 2009, 6:55 / Reply

ah non mais moi qui reste eloignée des vélos depuis…. oh la la j’ose même pas te le dire! Eh bah tu me donnes méga envie de me balader dans les rues en vélo! Non mais qui aurait cru qu’on pouvait avoir un style infini sur un vélo?! (Quoique après ta petite histoire a propos de ta jupe en plumes roses et de tes talons à vélo, bah jcommençais déja à m’en rendre compte, mais alors là!!)
    Sinon je suis folle amoureuse de ta jupe <3
    Et Chuck Bass!!! Non mais t’es trop forte quoi!! A défaut d’avoir le vrai….. ;)

• yellowsparrow July, 27 2009, 6:55 / Reply

et tu lui as dit : “I love you”

et il t’a laissee prendre le train sans les trois mots en retour…

excellent post!
    ca donne envie

• Aurore July, 27 2009, 6:57 / Reply

T’es belle! L’est beau ton Chuck… Je ne sais pas faire de vélo, je ferai comment si je vais à Amsterdam?!?! Shame on me…

• Heba July, 27 2009, 6:57 / Reply

Garance you look so cute on your bike! Makes me want to travel and cycle around Europe now. Ah yes, those bikes, so cold and fickle. And they’ll let just anyone ride them!

• Tan July, 27 2009, 7:00 / Reply

T’es belle! j’aime beaucoup!

• diane July, 27 2009, 7:00 / Reply

:D super article, de bonne humeur dès le matin! mais tu fais du vélo en jupe, comble de la coolitude dis donc!
    han et la première fille!! bon tout ça me donne envie de racheter un vélo (on me l’avait volé… ça arrive pas ça à Amsterdam, j’imagine…).
    Bonne semaine Garance!

• spur July, 27 2009, 7:01 / Reply

the last i remember peddling around on a bike.. must have been in highschool!!
    Garance, I love your musings! the first thing i do the minute i get to my office desk is go and read your inspiring blog.
    you are so gifted! :)
    If you ever decide to take a trip to India.. pls find me as ur Guide!

• spur July, 27 2009, 7:02 / Reply

p.s. its so great to c u finally make an appearance on your blog.
    you look so chic!

• Sarah ~Lolita of Modern Times~ July, 27 2009, 7:15 / Reply

I looooooooooooooove the name of your bike! Chuck Bass, what a great idea, can I call my car Blair Waldorf? ok, this may be too much…

Oh gosh, ‘whish I could be in Amsterdam right now, on my bike, under the sun… But the rainy Auckland is ok, and I’m way too lazy to use a bike in this city….

Great legs by the way ^-^ and wow, such a short skirt on a bike: respect!

Sarah
    ~ Lolita of modern times ~

• tiny July, 27 2009, 7:19 / Reply

C’est vrai qu’il y a un nombre fous de filles cool à vélo à Amsterdam…mais aussi un nombre dingue de vélos cools, chics, babas, bobos, customisés, stickés….et Ramona dira ce qu’elle voudra, elle a quand même des gambettes de rêve…

• Coralie July, 27 2009, 7:21 / Reply

Mmm le vélo, ça me manque depuis que j’habite Paris (sauf quand je les croise sur les trottoirs :( )…
    Mais là n’est pas l’essentiel… TES JAMBES! Waouh, t’es trop belle…tu devrais te photographier plus souvent!

• laeti July, 27 2009, 7:28 / Reply

Excellent !! Non, mais vraiment ! Enfin, le jour où l’on aura l’assurance et la coolitude des Hollandaises sur nos Vélo’v ou autre Vélib’… Ce sera vraiment une autre histoire ! D’ailleurs, est-ce qu’il s’agit du même système de location ?

Tes photos sont très belles, as always… La dernière toute particulièrement !

Bisous Garance !

• Orane July, 27 2009, 7:29 / Reply

J’aime tellement Amsterdam aussi.. :):):)

• Un samedi.... July, 27 2009, 7:29 / Reply

génial cette leçon de vélo!

• dust July, 27 2009, 7:29 / Reply

My first bike in Holland was also red and East German. Got stolen, naturally…
    I wish I’ve met you in Amsterdam, but this year I didn’t wanna be bothered with Fashion Week cos all interesting designers are not showing any more. I went to Brussels instead and left you to raid streets of Amsterdam, which you certainly did. Good job!!

• Marion July, 27 2009, 7:31 / Reply

Quelles jambes magnifiques Garance !
    Je t’avais croisée devant le grand Palais lors du défilé Chanel, j’avais déjà été sciée par tes jambes loooooongues et ta classe :)
    Sur ton Chuck Bass, (on parle bien du vélo hein) tu es rayonnante !!!
    Tes photos sont toujours aussi belles ! On dirait qu’elles ont toutes été prises un matin, la lumière est très douce.. Ca a du être dur de partir !

• jackie July, 27 2009, 7:33 / Reply

ohh! great pictures. those bikes are amazing!

• Singa Pura July, 27 2009, 7:34 / Reply

Et a Paris, Chuck Bass il te tente moins? Plus difficile de circuler sans doute aux milieux de toutes les voitures. En tt cas grande classe, gd style!

• Lisette July, 27 2009, 7:34 / Reply

You’re gifted with a good dose of wit! As always delightful to read your words and admire your great pix. Lovely to see you too – such fab legs!!

Have a safe trip back on the Thalys…

• J. July, 27 2009, 7:38 / Reply

Biking is an activity on which Americans truly miss out! The culture of riding around a city, with the wind whipping in your hair (even if it makes you look absurd and frizzy afterwards), is lacking in the states. Such a pity! It’s one thing that makes me envy Europeans, especially the Dutch. Exercising, while looking chic!

• Fanny July, 27 2009, 7:41 / Reply

Et un Velib Chuck Bass, why not?
    XX
    F

• Ruhvana July, 27 2009, 7:43 / Reply

I’m working in the most boring summer job ever. And every day I wait you to write something so I can forger for a while that I’m sitting in a grey office surrounded by super boring job. The only good thing is that I can dress up every day before coming here. And some inspirations is drawn from your daily writings. And I really love the way you write.

Thank you for thousand times.

• Lord Brummel July, 27 2009, 7:44 / Reply

Ben la voilà la photo!… Avoue, tu nous a fait bien attendre cette fois-ci, hein? Peut-etre attendais-tu le rayon de soleil qui a finalement daigné se présenter?… Ces jambes, ce sourire, cette attitude, cette coolitude… (mais dis-moi, Garance, que vois-je? Aaaargh, des ballerines? Naaaaaaaaaaaaan? Mais pourquoi, pououououourquoi??????)

Superbes photos, comme d’hab, qui rappellent la chanson de Moustaki… qu’y a-t-il de plus joli/qu’une fille a bicyclette/dans une jupe mini/qui nous montre ses gambettes/qu’y a-t-il de plus charmant/qu’une fille à bicyclette/dans les rues de l’ile Saint-Louis/et sur toute la planète…

Brava, brava, brava!

Pour les amateurs du genre, signalons ce site qui vaut un détour, et que tout le monde ici connaitra sans doute déjà…

il faut dire qu’en matière de bicyclettes, les Copenhaguois ne sont pas en reste…

Bon lundi à tous!

Et merci Garance, KUTGW

• Diana July, 27 2009, 7:45 / Reply

To be honest, till last saturday, I have asked me all the time: who the hell is/was Chuck Bass…It´s a shame. Though I try to follow GG as regularly as possible, noting names is not my strength.
    Anyway, now it is everything clear. It is a great name for a bike! And as the photo shows, there was a real chemistry btw you and Chuck.

Amsterdam is a long time travel dream of mine and thru your eyes it comes now higher on my chart.

• Olivia (à Paris) July, 27 2009, 7:56 / Reply

Super post!! J’ai adoré!!!Amsterdam doit être une ville magnifique…Bon et je confirme que Ramona a de superbes jambes.. toi aussi dis donc, je te trouve adorable su ce vélo!

• Nadine July, 27 2009, 8:06 / Reply

Oh, Garance, here is your own fabulous mega-stylish hilarious self, AND cycle-chic too! My brain may just melt from the sugar rush . .

• Camille L July, 27 2009, 8:20 / Reply

Bravo Garance! Tu as relevé le défi de la photo en vélo… C’est si rare de te voir. Et pourtant c’est toujours une belle leçon de style !! :)

• Sonia-FashionBox July, 27 2009, 8:27 / Reply

Merci, merci Garance pour ce post!! frais et rempli d’humour, j’adore!!! Et tu es toute belle sur ton velo, en jupe en plus non mais la grande classe sur ton Chuck bass! Ca doit etre vraiment impressionnant de voir que tout le monde a un velo et peut faire autant de choses dessus! Respect!

• Brigadeiro July, 27 2009, 8:38 / Reply

Aw, you look so gorgeous on Chuck Bass! How does one look so effortless, still feminine and on a bike? I would need to be in sweat pants & sneakers! :)

PS. I would LOVE to see one taking a nap on a bike, that would surely make for an amazing viewing, haha!

• Lamirose July, 27 2009, 8:41 / Reply

Fantastic, amazing, gorgeous, beautiful…j’adore toute la fraicheur de ce post, les photos et surtout te voir enfin sur ton Chuck Bass avec Classe ;) …Tu oses mettre une jupe tout en sachant que tu passeras la journée à te balader en vélo ! Chapeau !
    Bonne journée bella ragazza,

• Ammu July, 27 2009, 8:46 / Reply

Hee! You and Chuck Bass look gorgeous – and make a lovely couple :)

• Emmanuelis July, 27 2009, 8:49 / Reply

y a pas un bout de jupe (ou robe) balenciaga dans ton joli portrait ???
    ;)

• monkey toes July, 27 2009, 8:50 / Reply

i love love love the second picture.. she looks like she had so much fun riding a bike.. the flowery legging adressed it as well…i ride a bike too here anw :D

• Audrey July, 27 2009, 8:52 / Reply

Bikes are the most amazing creatures. It’s so sad that you had to say goodbye to yours!

I’m at university during the school year and my poor bike stays in our garage. I miss it.

It is amazing how bikes are so much a part of the dutch culture :) I love it!

• lau-ra July, 27 2009, 8:57 / Reply

TOUS les mêmes! :) bon je vais chercher un nom pour mon vélo maintenant haha

• Steph July, 27 2009, 8:58 / Reply

Tiens, ça me rappelle une scène, avec des skis qui tombent et tout le monde qui râle… En tout cas, les Français seraient bien avisés de suivre cet exemple, quelle liberté de pouvoir vaquer à vélo! Magnifiques photos, comme d’hab” et, comme tout le monde, je dis: waouh, ces jambes! Waouh, ce style!

• Daniel July, 27 2009, 9:23 / Reply

I hope you’ve had a great time in my city. I noticed a lot more well dressed people…but that’s because it’s FASHION WEEK. And…they all knew YOU were here. Of course.

Now that you’re leaving the city…everyone is going to look like a mess again.
    That’s the reason why Amsterdam will never become a real fashion city.
    There. I’ve said it.

Au revoir!

• lucie July, 27 2009, 9:29 / Reply

rhaaaa! ces jambes encore!!! :) bonne journée garance!

• sandrine de rose is... July, 27 2009, 9:32 / Reply

ah oué d’accord, j’ai eu peur
    Avec Chuck, c ballerines! Ok!! nan parce que je croyais que tu pédalais en talons!
    elle est chou cette jupe.
    bon retour en France, hein!
    s de r

• Alex July, 27 2009, 9:33 / Reply

Waou, Garance, quelles jambes vous avez !! Et faire du vélo en talons, c’est tellement chic ! ;)
    Bravo pour ces photos; je ne sais pas si la lumière est toujours comme ça à Amsterdam mais c’est superbe. :)

• Alex July, 27 2009, 9:34 / Reply

Ah zut j’ai cru que vous étiez en talons ! Les ballerines sont chics aussi !! ;)

• Margot July, 27 2009, 9:34 / Reply

A Bordeaux, faire du vélo c’est LE grand truc! Comme la majorité de mes amis, je n’ai pas le permis et me déplace exclusivement à vélo. C’est un vent de liberté, un petit plaisir quand le vent chatouille tes cheveux…. j’adore!

• Tour d'ivoire July, 27 2009, 9:38 / Reply

Haha, tu es trop drôle. Et puis tu as des jambes de déesse et un sourire de ouf, aussi, accessoirement. Ce post respire la coolitude, c’est-à-dire l’inverse de moi sur un vélo (en vélib, je suis un vrai poème, je pédale comme une dératée derrière mon meilleur ami qui est obligé de me crier les directions à l’avance parce qu’il va beaucoup trop vite dans sa tenue super classe alors que j’amorce une crise d’asthme, rougeaude et habillée comme l’as de pique…)
    Merci de me remonter le moral en berne !

• iknowa July, 27 2009, 9:43 / Reply

:))))…C’est très drôle ton post, et puis la surprise de la fin :) .
    Je ne sais pas pourquoi mais j’entends dans ma tête chanter Jacques Brel sur le porrrrt d’Amsterrrrrdam !

• ag July, 27 2009, 9:44 / Reply

aaaaaaah mais vos jambes, garaaanceeeee! je meurs de jalousie!

• aurélie July, 27 2009, 9:50 / Reply

si un vélo peut avoir autant de style et de charme que notre fameux Chuck Bass, je cours (euh je roule) m’en acheter un de suite!!!
    magnifiques photos Garance!
    rentre bien bises

• Cerises July, 27 2009, 10:05 / Reply

Mais il a sa dignité le petit Chuck!!!
    Tu sais bien qu’il est incapable de montrer ses émotions mais je suis sure qu”il n’en pensait pas moins au fond de ses petits braquets…
    La première fille est un summum de coolitude urbano-cycliste
    Et la deuxième n’est pas mal non plus
    Quant à la troisième elle ne dépareille pas l’ensemble ;-)
    Jolie démonstration de mon adage Garance: on peut faire du vélo en toute tenue: talons, jupe, ballerines, robe, short sans renoncer à rien….
    Et tu as bien fière et élégante allure sur ta bicyclette rouge!!!

• Antonio Barros July, 27 2009, 10:06 / Reply

The first picture is amazing! The girl is gorgeous and full of style!

• Equiline van Dooren July, 27 2009, 10:06

‘Still cruisin’ around on my blue bike!
    Thank you for the beautifull shot you made of me and please and let me know when you’re back in Amsterdam!’

• Maudlibre July, 27 2009, 10:10 / Reply

ahhh, chuck bass est parfait pour Amsterdam! j’ai aussi le coeur attaché à cette ville, c’est fou ! le style des filles est super !
    XoXo

• christell July, 27 2009, 10:32 / Reply

encore un joli billet ! Sacré Chuck Bass, trouves-en un à Paris !

• Sophie, The Barton Girl July, 27 2009, 10:45 / Reply

Oh que t’es mimi sur ton vélo (j’ose pas dire ‘sur Chuck Bass’ parce que là, du coup, on changerait de registre et ça pourait faire hardcore – ce serait bien malencontreux)!

N’écoute pas Lord Brummel, les ballerines te siéent à ravir car tu as la guibolle fine. Et puis mine de rien, à vélo c’est quand même moins pétage de gueule qu’en talons. D’autant que, j’en suis sûre, tu avais sans doute une paire de killer heels planquée dans magnifique sac – Merci Sofia, d’avoir conçu un si beau, pratique et logeable sac!…

Moi, j’adore ta 3ème photo et ton billet m’a bien faire gondoler.

Et je pense que t’es une bête rare: les modeux équipés d’un tel sens de l’humour sont peu nombreux. La mode prendrait-elle donc la tête? J’ai bien peur que la réponse soit dans la question…

• Oriane July, 27 2009, 10:51 / Reply

J’adore ton texte il est super drôle ! :)

• Matichica July, 27 2009, 11:03 / Reply

J’aime bien ton look sur le vélo!!! Merci pour ce post très drôle!!! Bon voyage!!!

• lolipoper July, 27 2009, 11:11 / Reply

I love the floral pants in the second picture. I need me some of that.

• Lord Brummel July, 27 2009, 11:25 / Reply

@ Sophie, The Barton Girl: quel lachage en direct! Vous m’en voyez fort marri.

• Lisette July, 27 2009, 11:32 / Reply

Lord Brummel, I think Garance may have worn her ballet flats to protect the heels of her other shoes from the cobblestones, which have a tendency trap high heels i the cracks and rip them to shreds… anyway she looks great, with that killer smile, super feminine pose and endlessly long legs of hers!!

• mash July, 27 2009, 11:36 / Reply

j’adore ta pose !! ( j’aime aussi Chuck Bass )
    super article qui met de bonne humeur ..

• afreak July, 27 2009, 11:40 / Reply

Tu me fais trop rire!
    Je suis sur que Chuck aussi était triste de plus te revoir mais trop fièr pour le montrer ;)
    D’ailleurs c’est moi ou ils sont supers hauts ces vélos ?

• Alize July, 27 2009, 11:49 / Reply

Trop fier pour te montrer ses sentiments ce Chuck.. c’est ça les mecs!
    Tu es peut-être une touriste, mais au moins tu te mets aux coutumes locales, et rien que pour ça, je suis sûre que les Amstellodamois ont apprécié! Et puis bon, une bikeuse aussi jolie et classe, comment résister????!!!

Bises!

• Anait July, 27 2009, 11:55 / Reply

You have the best sense of humor! Everytime I go online your blog is one of the first things I visit! Thanks for being so cool! Also, come to Russia St. Petersburg, and take pics of people here ;o]

merci beaucoup!

Anait

• la flore et la faune July, 27 2009, 12:16 / Reply

Et vous n’avez pas prévu un petit tour de France “off” et fashion, avec toutes tes copines cyclistes ? ça nous changerait un peu des maillots à pois rouge.

• fashion roadkill July, 27 2009, 12:29 / Reply

The girl in the first photo has perfect style..I adore the haphazard way she’s tied her scarf.

• Sophie, The Barton Girl July, 27 2009, 12:35 / Reply

@ Lord Brummel – Je vous saurais gré, très cher, de bien vouloir accepter mes plus plattes excuses pour ce ‘lachage’. Nos avis d’ordinaire plutôt harmonieux, diffèrent hélas quant au sujet de la ballerine. Force m’est de reconnaître que celle-ci encourage bel et bien la démarche en canard et la silhouette mollet de campeur (LMAO, btw), mais je suis au regret de devoir m’insurger contre toute dénonciation de leur port au nom de l’aesthétisme à tous crins, surtout lorsque celle-ci est émise par un mâle.
    Ben oui quoi, j’vois bien que la ballerine ne favorise pas le “joli galbe qui [vous] plaît tant”, m’enfin faut tout d’même bien qu’on fonctionne nous, les gonzesses. Non mais des fois!…
    Et puis Garance, c’est pas des ballerines qui vont lui entamer le galbe qu’elle a de bien développé et affiné par le vélocipède et à des années de course à pied en talons.
    ‘Fin bon, moi, ce que j’en dis…

• txell July, 27 2009, 12:40 / Reply

salut garance! les vélos à amsterdam sont trop cool, bien sûr! mais pas seulement là-bas…à barcelone aussi! il faut que tu visites mon blog pour n’avour une idée: barcelonacyclechic.blogspot.com bisous!!!

• Mel July, 27 2009, 12:49 / Reply

Ah ouais. Donc, en Hollande, c’est réellement la folie du vélo, c’est pas une légende !!

Mel

• Cinephile July, 27 2009, 12:51 / Reply

Come on, you look great!!
    Haven’t you heard or seen people biking in the most questionable and dubious of things, clogs, bare feet, spare bike or furniture parts nonchalantly strapped to their bodies No? Not yet? Well,you wait

I really miss Holland right about now. Why can’t London town have concave bike paths like the ones I cherish in fact just any decent none life threatening paths would be great. Thanks Boris! One day, one day!

ps. I’ll be buying a bike soon though . Wish me good luck, that is in staying alive. YES I CAN!:§

• Lord Brummel July, 27 2009, 1:03 / Reply

@ Sophie, The Barton Girl: bon, ça va pour cette fois… ;-) Have a nice day quand meme… (Mais je persiste et signe sur les ballerines, quoi que vous en disiez – et meme de manière fort convaincante, j’en conviens)

• Flanelle July, 27 2009, 1:05 / Reply

Ouf ! Je vois que je ne suis pas la seule “frappadingue” à nommer mon précieux vélib’ !..
    (Le mien, c’est Diego) !!!?!!

• civetta July, 27 2009, 1:10 / Reply

toutes les villes européennes devraient en etre où en est Amsterdam avec les velos: les voitures sont des parias là bas! et c’est super!

• liline20 July, 27 2009, 1:13 / Reply

j’adore toujours cette idée de nom pour son vélo ;)
    en tout cas ça à l’air d’être top de vivre à Amsterdam

• Sarah G. July, 27 2009, 1:15 / Reply

C’est vrai que c’est sympa comme tout de faire du vélo a Amsterdam. Quand j’y suis allée, j’ai été étonnée de voir autant de vélo dans une aussi grande ville ! Mais c’est super charmant ! =)

• McGallo July, 27 2009, 1:28 / Reply

Garance… c’est simple… Tu es trop forte !! Déjà dans ton précédent post tu nous en parlé et là tout un article sur le vélo ! J’ai fait un petit road en Hollande en Janvier et j’ai été bleuffé par tous ces vélos, même sur l’autoroute, il y a un petit espace protégé pour eux ! Et en ville il ne font que ça, c’est vraiment impressionnant par rapport à ce que nous Français connaissons ! La Hollande c’est vraiment un pays magique, remplis de jolies filles, de gens cool, de musées et … de vélos ! ^^ C’est exquis !

• Pixie July, 27 2009, 1:38 / Reply

oh dear Garance! i so love this blog of yours, especially this about Amsterdam and bikes,
    I knew it,I should name my bike, thanks for this!!!
    I love the pictures and everything about this!!! Your sense of humor is so funny :-)

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Love,
    P.

• Sophie, The Barton Girl July, 27 2009, 1:41 / Reply

@ Lord Brummel – Z’êtes trop bon, m’lord!

• Phytagore July, 27 2009, 1:43 / Reply

J’ai envie d’aller à Amsterdam mais je ne sais pas monter à vélo T_T
    Y a pas une autre option si on veut se balader ? ^^

Ph.

• Anne à Ibiza July, 27 2009, 2:01 / Reply

Je te rassure, Garance, que Chuck Bass aie ou non un macaron, tu es trop parisienne pour avoir l’air hollandaise.

• Maggie July, 27 2009, 2:26 / Reply

La 3ième photo est trop cool, une mer des vélos ;) Et la femme sur la 1ère photo est juste trop trop trop belle!

• Mermaid July, 27 2009, 2:48 / Reply

MDR!!! T’es adorable sur ton Chuck Bass Mac Bike!!!!
    Super sens de l’auto-dérision qui me plait le plus chez toi Garance! Outre tes jambes en béton armé que je jalouse mais bon n’en parlons pas.
    Je sais (presque) pas faire du vélo donc je me suis marrée en douce. Non parce que c’est très flippant dans la circulation: j’ai déjà failli me faire renverser plusieurs fois par une voiture, alors j’ai roulé sur le trottoir. Tout allait bien jusqu’au moment où je me suis pris une poubelle et où j’ai eu très mal. Donc j’ai abandonné le vélo.

• sunshine July, 27 2009, 2:51 / Reply

Et bien voilà… J’ai craqué !! Les 22 et 23 Août je serai à Amsterdam ! C’est mon vélo “Ulysse” (de son petit nom !) qui va être jaloux…

• allen July, 27 2009, 2:51 / Reply

Great post (comme toujours!)
    Your first picture, she is gorgeous!
    But the bike rental closes at 17:45?? Barbaric! :–)

• Verdiales July, 27 2009, 2:55 / Reply

Mon coeur s’est arrêté. Si, si belles!

• KDollydoll July, 27 2009, 3:06 / Reply

Ah, the first picture is perfect. I want to look like that everyday of the summer…nothing is better than an updated white T. and the perfect fit denim shorts (ok, if you have the legs to pull them off) what a beauty (all three of you).

• miss sophie July, 27 2009, 3:18 / Reply

this is the quintessential summer post – thanks for photographing such loveliness to inspire us non-cycling new yorkers!

• Mia July, 27 2009, 3:25 / Reply

It’s good to know I’m not the only one who wants to ride Chuck Bass…

• Chloé July, 27 2009, 3:28 / Reply

A vrai dire, moi qui suis déjà allée à Amsterdam, c’est vrai que c’est impressionnant de les voir à avec un parapluie !

• Cookies July, 27 2009, 3:41 / Reply

Oh bordel. Ce que tu es cool.

Garance, je te vénère.

AHAH.

:D

• american dream July, 27 2009, 3:43 / Reply

they r just like cars I guess. you have a name for every single one.
    but taking nap while riding bike????!!!!! this is hilarious )

• KP July, 27 2009, 4:25 / Reply

Love, love the name!
    You and the Amsterdam girl both look equally stunning on your bikes!

fringeoffashion.blogspot.com

• Nataly R. July, 27 2009, 4:39 / Reply

No comments…Your sense of humor is absolutely amazing,Garance)))))Chuck Bass?!only you could give such name to a bike! I’m absolutely in love with your personality!:)

• hadley July, 27 2009, 5:05 / Reply

You do NOT look ridiculous! You look like a stellar bike pro, a real Dutch girl, for all I know.

Also, the bike rules are fascinating, but I wonder: how do you find your bike when you park it between ten thousand other bikes. I mean, if you knock over all the other bikes that helps, esp. if yours is the only one still standing. But what if you successfully park your bike, and then it’s there amongst all the others, blending in?

• Hanna P July, 27 2009, 5:09 / Reply

Oh I should visist Amsterdam, both me and my boyfriend love riding bikes.

• if jane July, 27 2009, 5:22 / Reply

!!!!!!!!!!! great post! and with so much humour!

• Joris Bruring July, 27 2009, 5:32 / Reply

Great article Garance!
    And it’s true, I also couldn’t mention anyone in Amsterdam (or in the whole Netherlands actually) without a bike.

Chuck Bass looks good on you, the next time you’re in Amsterdam we really should arrange a non-red (tourist) bike for you, though :-)

See you soon!

• Isabelle July, 27 2009, 5:36 / Reply

I live in Amsterdam! I am so sad that I have not seen you cruising through this beautiful city on your MacBike ( I usually hate these bikes, but you made me like them…not that hard when you give it the name: Chuck Bass) haha.
    I hope we have enchanted you during your stay here and you will come here more often! I have a lot of nice adresses for you (including Foam)!

Thank you for your lovely posts.

• Briana July, 27 2009, 5:50 / Reply

You look fantastic on a bike, I hope I look the slightest bit as chic as you.

• Lauren July, 27 2009, 5:57 / Reply

You are getting me more and more excited for my trip to Amsterdam! Any suggestions on what to see/eat/do? Please share!

PS My bike here at home is named Sal. Old Sal, actually. Because when I got her (she was a free reject from the thrift store), she had cobwebs in her spokes and cigarette butts in her gears. I wonder what my bike in Amsterdam will be?

• Katia July, 27 2009, 6:17 / Reply

J’en veux un ! J’en veux un !

Bon, vous avez magnifiquement parlé mademoiselle ! Beau texte, humour enlevé, un brin pimenté. Vous avez de l’avenir. Poursuivez ainsi. Si ça continue, vous pourrez vous acheter un vélo électrique.

Bonne soirée !

• mariE July, 27 2009, 6:19 / Reply

Yeah Garance !!
    Une photO de toi sur TON BLOG !!! C’est coOoooOOOl !!! tu as grave la classe avec Chuck Bass, les photos sont superbes, les filles sont superbes :-) et c’est toujours plein d’humour : j’A-DO-RE ton blog !

Et sache que fut un temps j’ai vadrouillé en mobylette et oui je lui avait donné un nom : Peter
    Je trouve ça classe. Fin de soirée : ” tu rentres comment ? ” – ” ben… je rentre avec Peter… ” Ah Ouais, no comment !! ;-)

Bonne soirée,
    des bises

• Fanny July, 27 2009, 6:30 / Reply

Quel amusant post! cela me rappelle mon séjour à amsterdam et cette fameuse journée épique passée avec mon flambant mac bike (exactement le même!) à faire le tour de la ville, nous perdre, nous faire klaxonner car nous n’allions pas assez vite, nous arrêter dans tous les bars plus géniaux les uns que les autres et surtout admirer la magnifique gente masculine aaaaaaah…!
    Amicalement.

• Joe de Befashionlike.com July, 27 2009, 6:36 / Reply

Excellent, j’adore tu nous donne envie de visiter ce pays . Encore bravo!
    pfff faut qu’un jour je te critique ;p

• Patrick Lui July, 27 2009, 6:45 / Reply

Thank you for a picture of you Garance. I have a girl crush on you and your beautiful smile!

Bonjournee!

ox

• Blink London July, 27 2009, 6:47 / Reply

Beautiful pictures. It makes we want to head back to Amsterdam immediately. Its one of my favourite places and I’ve been neglecting it.

• Ambre July, 27 2009, 6:58 / Reply

J’adore ce post!!! :D
    Chuck Bass, y’a pas plus classe pour un vélo ;)
    Et le dernier vélo sied très bien à sa fiancée passagère, qui est tout sauf ridicule ( surtout avec des jambes aussi jolies!)

• Liza July, 27 2009, 7:26 / Reply

umm you wore a short skirt on a bike? thats kinda wrong? everyone would have seen your cooch!!!

• Danique July, 27 2009, 7:58 / Reply

Garance! Tu est rentrée à Paris? Amsterdam pleurait cet après-midi de votre depart! J’espère tu a eu un grandes séjour… :)

• maria July, 27 2009, 8:14 / Reply

Chuck Bass is a beautiful bastard! I can’t believe he didn’t shed a single tear. I think he probably waited till you had walked away. Because that’s just how Chuck Bass is.

As always, you made me laugh out loud!! Gorgeous photos. You and CB look splendid together. Quite the fetching duo.

• Victoire July, 27 2009, 8:19 / Reply

Oui Amsterdam ça a l’air super cool, oui Garance on t’envie, oui ta trop de chance et tout et tout… mais il y a une chose que tu ne connais pas car tu es a Amsterdam ( je parle histoire de vélo, bien sur!) et oui tu ne connais pas le vélo à Paris au mois de Juillet : (quand il ne pleut pas) cest le bonheur! :)

• Hannelore July, 27 2009, 8:21 / Reply

Great blog, I might not in live in Amsterdam (or the Netherlands), but here in Belgium, everyone owns a bike aswell and, like in Amsteram, we ride or bikes with umbrella’s, while texting, making phonecalls, eating icecream etc. I love riding my bike. (Well, at least when the weather is nice! When it’s cold and wet… not so much!)

• KimLan July, 27 2009, 8:36 / Reply

haha!!! ils sont tellement cools qu’ils pédalent à une seule main, l’autre main dans la poche….

j’y etais il y a quelques jours, ils sont vraiment incroyables, j’en ai même vu une arriver comme une furie dans Negen stretjes “brakeless” et sauter en marche, freiner avec ses pieds sur 10 metres, atterrir dans une boutique genre “bah justement c’est là que j’allais” et ressortir de ladite boutique, l’air de rien, cool….. sacrés Amstellodamois!

• nelly July, 27 2009, 8:53 / Reply

Hey, I like this blog very much, it happened that only last week I came to know about this blog and now I visit it every day, what comes to bikes the last time I rode it, it was in my childhood, it’s a pity that in our country( where I live) people don”t like bikes, you’ll hardly find anyone biking in our streets, yeah it’s a pity

• tahda July, 27 2009, 9:09 / Reply

The girl in the first shot is gorgeous! can I be her please? ;)

This makes me so jealous! I’ve been wanting to ride bikes all summer long but problem #1 I don’t have a bike and problem #2 I live in Los Angeles…not a great city for bike riding!

Thanks for introducing Chuck Bass to us by the way ;)

• brooke July, 27 2009, 9:15 / Reply

you have such a great and witty writing style. also, i adore the photos, especially the first one! xx

• Davina July, 27 2009, 9:19 / Reply

Wow, who would’ve thought girls can look soo chic on bikes! I love how simple yet chic these ladies’ styles are, you have a great eye!

• Geneviève July, 27 2009, 9:42 / Reply

Ouf, j’ai retrouvé ma connexion internet et je peux te lire et, même, te contempler en photo à vélo !

En habituée du Vélib – si je t’ai bien lu -, crois-tu que ce soit beaucoup plus dangereux qu’à Paris ? Maintenant que j’habite à deux pas d’une station, je voudrais faire ma “garance doré” en vélib (bon, malheureusement, je n’ai pas tout à fait la même longueur de jambes) !

Tant pis, je l’envoie ce comm honteux !

• Geneviève July, 27 2009, 9:47 / Reply

Euh, je voulais écrire “beaucoup plus dangereux à Paris” ! Etant donné le comportement de conducteur de certains parisiens… ;-) Mais, je m’égare toute à mon ivresse d’internet retrouvé !

• vivli July, 27 2009, 9:53 / Reply

Garance, I’m not usually in the habit of telling this to other women, but you have some amazing legs. I wonder why you would ever bother with pants at all.

• Nadia July, 27 2009, 10:03 / Reply

En même temps, tu peux pas lui en vouloir à Chuck Bass, c’est un peu son identité de faire pleurer les filles… Non??
    Du coup, j’ose pas te dire que j’avais le même, mais le mien, je l’ai appelé Glenn. (me demande surtout pas pourquoi, j’en connais aucun. Mais ça lui allait comme un gant.)
    Tout ça pour dire que c’est toujours un plaisir de te lire. Sourire garanti.

• alienman July, 27 2009, 10:16 / Reply

I don’t care if the bike is touristy, I think you look so romantic and so lovely!!

• Mati July, 27 2009, 10:41 / Reply

Après des mois et des mois de je-prends-les-autres-en-photo, nous avons nous lecteurs enfin le plaisir de te voir en chair et en os ! toute belle en plus, j’espère que ce n’est pas la dernière…!
    Sinon tu m’as donné envie d’aller à Amsterdam… comme partout où tu es allée en fait ! Tu devrais écrire “Le routard selon Garance” !

• caroline carrel July, 27 2009, 10:49 / Reply

ahaha toi aussi tu avais un “mac bike”!!! je suis allé à amsterdam l’été passé et j’ai tous simplement adoré! je suis tombé amoureuse de cette ville et de sa coolitute inqualifiable! et le vélo la bas c’est c’est incontournable…! et moi aussi j’avais mon mac bike ac ki je me promenais partout! =D mais je lui ai pas donné de nom.. uhm.. dommage! lol

• Emma July, 27 2009, 11:08 / Reply

Cute girls, but the picture of you is even cuter! I love your contrasting polka dots-blue on white and white on blue :) adorable!

• Tawney July, 28 2009, 12:25 / Reply

I love that you named your bike Chuck Bass! It’s so funny.
    -Tawney

• Leila July, 28 2009, 12:34 / Reply

Such a funny entry! Garance, you’re fabulous. And I love Chuck Bass too :D

• Rachel, Australia July, 28 2009, 1:19 / Reply

I recently bought a bike and i’m completely in love with it! Although, Australia is not as bike friendly as Amsterdam. Sometimes it’s very scary on the roads in Sydney! Anyway, I named my bike Errol – as in Errol Flynn. I think it suits.
    Happy cycling!

• Pamela July, 28 2009, 1:42 / Reply

Thank you! I enjoyed this post a lot! Your blogs are so much fun to read and I love your style of photography- very beautiful and natural.

• GabyT July, 28 2009, 3:53 / Reply

Just look at those shapely pins Garance!

• Rachel July, 28 2009, 5:05 / Reply

I havent been to Holland since I was a little girl, but I still remember the lovely gilrs, gorgeous bikes and very TALL people :)

• Delphine July, 28 2009, 5:31 / Reply

Rhm, si j’avais pas perdu ma carte d’identité (pratique pour les vacances) je serai à Amsterdam en ce moment.
    Ce qui est bien avec ce blog, en plus d’apporter une touche de fraicheur et de gout, c’est qu’on apprend plein de petits trucs sur les villes. Alors Merci !

• Nicole July, 28 2009, 8:20 / Reply

Garance! You look adorable on a bike. I was just watching a show the other day about ladies in Copenhagen cycling to work in 5 inch stillettos and slinky black dresses. Today I rode down to the grocery store for some milk in a purple floral skirt, but I couldn’t get myself to wear heels, no matter how chic I would look.

• Claire July, 28 2009, 8:45 / Reply

Oh, that beautiful girl in the first photo is so familiar – it’s driving me crazy that I can’t remember who she is!

• vicou July, 28 2009, 9:09 / Reply

à Diane: si on vole aussi les vélos à Amsterdam (surtout s’il sont du dernier cri) mais bon si c’est un vieux, on prend celui de quelqu’un d’autre et ainsi de suite. En tout cas c’est comme ça que ça se passe dans les villes universitaires en Flandre (-Belgique-)…
    Moi je dois être une des rares dans mon entourage à ne pas posséder de vélo, même pas un vieux rouillé dans la cave. Nada, niks, nothing,… Pq? Sans doute parce que je suis une traumatisée du vélo: Ma Mère et Ma Grand-Mère ont décidé qu’à trois ans il était grand temps d’apprendre à rouler à vélo. Donc, je n’étais pas autorisée à descendre de l’engin avant de savoir le faire (malgré mes pleurs ;-))…
    Mais Amsterdam fait partie des villes paradisiaques pour les cyclistes

• vicou July, 28 2009, 9:16 / Reply

… et quand il drache (= pleut très très fort genre toute la journée), le vélo c’est nettement moins glamour. Et les Pays-Bas étant voisins de la Grande-Bretagne et de la Belgique, je vous laisse imaginer la météo.

… but when it drashes (= raining a lot all day long -Belgian word-), biking is not that glamorous anymore. And since the Netherlands are next to Great-Britain and Belgium, imagine the weather.

• Rachel July, 28 2009, 10:51 / Reply

This post seriously made me laugh out loud. And it’s true that biking really isn’t doing great things for our legs anymore. I’ve been on a bike since I was 3 years old or something, so our legs are used to it. Such a shame.
    I think you look cool on your bike, and Chuck Bass is a very cool bike-name indeed.

• Lola Lopsa July, 28 2009, 1:24 / Reply

ben, à A’dam en ce moment,
    il y a surtout Garance Doré au FOAM…

• Zuli July, 28 2009, 3:09 / Reply

Bonjour…
    thank you very much for your amsterdam posts! great! I´ll be in amsterdam 20.8-23.8.
    Zuli

• daniela July, 28 2009, 8:46 / Reply

lovely post!
    im going to amsterdam soon and i have decided that im going to have to get one of those bikes with the adorable signs.
    even though i hate looking like a tourist too, i guess i’ll just have to endure. ;)

• Hélène July, 28 2009, 10:07 / Reply

“CHANGER DE CHAUSSURES EN PÉDALANT”: de dieu, sont doués ces hollandais ;-))

• Michelle S July, 29 2009, 1:58 / Reply

This is my favourite entry of yours to date! It made my day, especially after seeing pictures of you and your beloved Chuck Bass. :)

• Antonia July, 29 2009, 3:04 / Reply

I look for your new posts weekly, love the way you capture people and your wit. Much to my surprise when I viewed the girl in the floral pants, I thought I was looking at myself, except for the fact I have never been to Holand and although they look great would never wear floral pants. I emailed this to my husband who responded with much of the same, “when were you in Holland and where did you get those pants?”

• Vivi July, 29 2009, 3:28 / Reply

I love Amsterdam too! I’m from Brazil but my boyfriend’s family is from Holland, so every year I go visit! It’s amazing the fact people do everything in their bikes, I can never manage to hold a bag and ride at the same time, I really suck on it!
    Lovely pictures, I really love your blog! :)

• Ana July, 29 2009, 8:53 / Reply

I loved your post!
    All so true!
    The first time I came to Amsterdam I had one of these “hey here I am a tourist” bikes… but still, the experience of biking is worth, even in a rental one
    Now I have a pink cute bike, with basket and bags… all personalized!
    I still don’t manage to hold my umbrella, but I can talk over the phone, and I do have to admit, I LOVE biking around! :-D
    Great blog too, btw.
    A.

• Amanda July, 29 2009, 5:23 / Reply

Lovely photos, as always. I’m pining to go pedaling around town now, and could only hope to look as fabulous as you and these cuties!

• Allie B. July, 30 2009, 12:08 / Reply

Ahh, you look so great on your bike!

• Katz July, 31 2009, 8:59 / Reply

Man. This first chick is just gorgeous.

• spur July, 31 2009, 8:59

oi oi oi…

• Eunice August, 2 2009, 3:06 / Reply

Lundi J’achete ma bicyclette. Ma meilleure amie m’a appris a en faire il y a 2 ans, et ma premiere bicyclette et bien, je lui donnerai un nom!

• Margaux B August, 2 2009, 1:04 / Reply

Garance, mais GARANCE!
    Ces jaaaambes, cette juuupe, ce mélange de poiiiids, cette alluuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!
    Je crois que je vais ouvrir un blog de street style qui te sera entièrement consacré… Je guetterais ta sortie devant ton immeuble, je te poursuivrais dans la rue et je ravirais la blogo affamée de tes looks si rares et pourtant, pourtant, POURTANT, tellement inspirant!

• PixelHazard August, 4 2009, 1:50 / Reply

lol, chuck bass bike! That’s fantastic!

• Üdo Ümami August, 4 2009, 7:21 / Reply

omg. *hilarious* post. rock on. xoxox <3 Üdo

• kimshe August, 7 2009, 9:54 / Reply

coool!! :-)

• LIza M. August, 7 2009, 4:27 / Reply

Bonjour Garance,
    je tenais à te dire que ton blog est toujours aussi magnifique.
    J’avais juste une question: la jupe que tu portes ne serait pas Zara (parce que j’ai la même).

Merci de me répondre (si tu peux bien sûr) et a bientôt.

• FMK August, 8 2009, 5:05 / Reply

Love these fresh and delicious pics from amsterdam! I just wanna go there!
    Fashion are so simple and different at same time there!
    A taste of Sring and love!
    Just love it!

Find me and my fairy tale vintage world:
    frederiquekragbe.blogspot.com
    See u soon!

• Sara August, 9 2009, 3:08 / Reply

Haha! I love riding my bike & your post, great!

bisous from Holland!

• Angelique August, 9 2009, 7:25 / Reply

I live in Holland and I never named my bike! And I don’t think I know anyone who has named her/his bike.. Sorry.
    The rest is all very true though!

Kisses from Holland!

• Ella August, 12 2009, 4:48 / Reply

Yeahh! I love my bike. :) I’m thirteen and never ask my parents for rides anywhere, weather permitting of course. Minnesota winters=no biking. At all. But, I’m loving the exercise. And yeah, I named mine a while back. Oswalda. I know, random.

• Sophie August, 12 2009, 6:52 / Reply

Moi j’habite à Amsterdam, et je fait tout en vélo!! je vais à l’école en vélo (et ca c’est 10 km!! je suis folle hihi), et je mange en vélo… mais c’est normal pour moi… donc c’est drôle de lire ce message :-)
    et les photos sont très jolies!
    bisous !
    (et je ne parle pas francais très bien hihi)

• Sanata August, 14 2009, 8:23 / Reply

Et Dieu créa Garance.
    Mais as-tu pu complexer avec des jambes aussi magnifiques ?

• Sanata August, 14 2009, 8:24 / Reply

oups, j’ai oublié un “comment” quelque part ^^

• Miss Footloose August, 19 2009, 3:01 / Reply

I am so homesick for a bike! I grew up on one, being Dutch. But leaving Holland meant leaving my bike behind. I live in foreign places all over the world, and everywhere I go it is suicide to ride a bike.

Miss Footloose
    http://www.lifeintheexpatlane.blogspot.com Tales of the Globetrotting Life

• Alison August, 20 2009, 11:33 / Reply

Two of my friends have just moved to Amsterdam -sigh- I can’t wait to visit. These pictures remind me how beautiful it is. Hiring (and naming!) a bike is top of my list, followed closely by eating a big fat slice of Dutch apple tart. But how to look as cool and unruffled while riding around as these girls…??!

• jim August, 21 2009, 8:51 / Reply

so fetching on a bike – like it or not – true

• robyn August, 22 2009, 10:56 / Reply

aHH they are all the same don’t you worry!!!

• Eleanor August, 28 2009, 3:15 / Reply

chuck bass, yessssssss.

• Amandine October, 13 2009, 2:07 / Reply

Bonjour Garance,
    je vais à Amsterdam bientôt, à l’improviste… les yeux fermés ! Y a t il des endroits à ne PAS MANQUER ? Et connais tu un hotel sympa, agréable où il est bon de séjourner ???
    MERCI !
    et merci pour tes si belles photos… c’est un régal !
    Bonne continuation !

• Madem0iselle B. October, 18 2009, 1:44 / Reply

_ J’adore cet article =).

• Kirsten October, 20 2009, 4:50 / Reply

I truly love how you describe us dutch people and our bikes in such a witty fashion!

• R November, 2 2009, 7:44 / Reply

The top photo (long hair/white shirt/shorts/bicycle) is my favorite photo on this website. The girl’s face is magnificent, and her attire looks effortless, comfortable and ideal for the season. Is she really just a Dutch girl you found in Amsterdam? Wow!

• Tamar December, 7 2009, 7:05 / Reply

Riding a bike isn’t seen as glamourous in the Netherlands, haha.
    And naming your bike is not a must. Actually, I can’t say I know anybody who has =) It is true that you can do anything on your bike, though. That, and it’s true that you can walk away when you’ve let other bikes fall (omgh, we are rude people, haha).

The girl in the first picture is gorgeous. Her face is typically Dutch, though far prettier than average. She reminds me of a Dutch filmstar. Gorgeous post!

• Carlos January, 24 2010, 5:09 / Reply

You are beautifuuuul…very very beautiful

Regards from Canary Islands

• Odile March, 17 2010, 10:05 / Reply

J’adore ce post c’est trop trop drôle! J’adore Amsterdam et moi aussi je me suis faite doubler par tout les Hollandais…

• Mickaëlla August, 9 2010, 5:40 / Reply

Slt Garance !
    Jdr dessiné et la mode et j’aurai voulu savoir ou tu avais apris a dessiner….
    Rep. moi.

• Dina January, 24 2011, 10:38 / Reply

first and last girl are so sexy and pretty ;)!
    nice shots garance.

dina
    lifeofphi.wordpress.com

• Dina January, 24 2011, 10:42 / Reply

hilariously cute story by the way :)

• Chelsea Schroeder February, 27 2011, 3:55 / Reply

Ahh hello! This is my favorite of all of your posts! I love to ride my bike : )
    But anyways, I’m making my first trip to Paris in March, so perhaps I’ll see you!

• alexa April, 3 2011, 7:54 / Reply

J’ai nommé mon vélo hollandais “Garance” après avoir lu ce post.
    ps: Il n’est pas “doré”

• kita May, 2 2011, 10:49 / Reply

i love your blog and this is one of the best posts ever(though its more about bikes than fashion).i am very fond of riding my bike and i can do some of the things you mentioned,like holding an umbrella etc.isn’t it just great?

P.S. i have a question-why doesn’t these bikes have brakes??

• Kim August, 23 2011, 9:35 / Reply

I am fascinated with the way the first girl has her scarf tied (also, um, good god she is gorgeous) and amused that you named your bike Chuck Bass. Kind of perfect. ♥

• Eveline December, 9 2011, 4:35 / Reply

Haha alright, I am a Dutch girl and this article is really funny. Its surprising how people keep getting surprised as they see our bikes. But we really don’t give them names, it is a funny idea although!

• asia January, 11 2013, 9:01 / Reply