melodi-boys
Travel

Melodi / Istanbul

You didn’t think I was done with Istanbul, did you ?

Naaaaa… I couldn’t help but ask the lovely Melody, who is a buyer for V2K, to tell me about some of her favorite places in Istanbul. Just in case you had the idea to go spend a week-end there !

Oh and about this picture… Aren’t all those super virile men with their little tea glass totally super awesomely charming ? I had to bring back at least one image of those “tea moments” in Istanbul. Check the special and super typical tray. You can see men going all around the city with these trays full of hot tea. I loved it.

All right ! Now here is Melodi’s Istanbul :

Hi Melodi ! Tell me a few of the best multibrand stores in Istanbul…

V2K Designers is the best (duh??) :)))) and I also like Midnight Express.

Is there a cool fashion item you can buy only in Istanbul (I bought a pretty cool vintage necklace… I have to show it to you)

You can buy unique scarves and vintage ottoman jewelry. And handmade rugs are very special for all across Turkey.

The super non-fashion place where you like to go is…

I play tennis. So super non fashion-ly, I put my work out clothes on, go to the club and hit the ball aggressively. But I think, if its in you, you do everything in a fashionable way.. I mean even grocery shopping can be very chic when you want…

Are the girls as crazy about their nails as they are in New York City ? Where do they go ? Oh, and do you do such thing as hammam ? Or spa ? Where is the best place to go ?

Getting nails done is a must for an Istanbul girl. They might even be crazier than NewYorkers.

Its very common so you can find a place to get manicures and pedicures on almost every corner.

I personally love both Hamam and Spa.

For Hamam, I like to try historical places. Such as Cemberlitas. Its so mystical that it makes you feel like you  time traveled back to Ottoman times. The lighting, the athmosphere, and everything about it just captivates me..

And for Spa, I try to go to the newest. They recently got so popular in Istanbul so every month a new place opens and its fun to try something new :)

Where is the best place to have a coffee and watch people go by?

I love Cihangir area. You can sit in a café with a magazine, and spend the all day watching different kinds of people go up and down.

I know this might sound weird but if you feel dark and stuck, and need to feel the real Istanbul in you, Haydarpasa Terminal gets very inspirational.

Where is the best place to have a drink?

Asmali Mescit area. Otto and Off Pera are my personal favorites.

What are the things that you HAVE to eat in Istanbul? Where do you find them?

Of course you have to eat Kebap. You can go very traditional OR trendy, its always delicious :) My personal favorite is Hamdi which is located in Eminonu. Amazing Halic and Galata view with goooood kebaps.

And “Raki&Fish” is a classical Istanbul meal. On the bosphorus, with the greatest view ever, you can find many amazing fish restaurants. And I have to mention that you can have the BEST Turbot in Sariyer, a little place called Kahraman.

What is the very touristy place that you still love to go to sometimes?

Aaaaah Sultanahmet and Ortakoy..they’re both magical.

What is the best old and chic restaurant and what is the new super cool restaurant ?

The best old chic must be Ulus29, and new super cool right now, I’d say Bird.

Where is the best pastry?

Nothing can beat the Simitci stands that you can find every corner :)

Do you do brunch in Istanbul? Where do you like to have it?

Yes, a Sunday classic for Istanbul. I’ve been going to Arnavutkoy Bahar for years, and it never fails…

Tell me about your ideal day in Istanbul.

An ideal day.. A big brunch, get on the boat and enjoy the Bosphorus, maybe the Princes’ islands..

How do you go around the city ?

I hate the traffic but oh well, I drive everyhere.

What’s the best thing to bring back from Istanbul ?

Turkish coffee, a coffee set, a beautiful rug, nice fabrics, and an evil eye :)

A week-end out of Istanbul… Where would you go ?

Its almost winter and its going to snow soon. So all I can think about is snowboarding. The crazy feeling of white snow sliding beneath you and the wind on your face…It makes you feel alive! So my answer is, I’d get in the car and drive to Kartalkaya mountain! Well, as soon as it snows enough..

More City Guides:

Travel
    Viva Corsica!!!
  • Corsica / Laetitia
    Stories
    Corsica / Laetitia

• tiny December, 3 2010, 12:29 / Reply

Des bijoux ottomans vintage…ça fait rêver!! Merci Garance, merci Melodi!

• mzelle-fraise December, 3 2010, 12:35 / Reply

Parfait, c’est une destination sur ma liste pour le printemps :) merci ! et alors, ce collier, on le voit quand ?!

• San December, 3 2010, 12:37 / Reply

Dis donc, tes posts sur Istanbul sont super ! Je ne voyais vraiment pas la capitale turque de cette façon, ça donne bien envie d’y aller :)
    Merci de nous emmener avec toi dans tes voyages !

• Le Fiancé du Pirate December, 3 2010, 12:39 / Reply

Midnight Express comme nom de boutique multimarques ? Ben, ils ont de l’humour à Istambul…;-D

• Lina December, 3 2010, 12:39 / Reply

Garance, j’adore la façon avec laquelle tu nous donnes envie de visiter, et munies de pleins de bonnes adresses c’est le BONHEUR ! :D
    Merci ;) Et please une photo du collier vintage, que je ne résiste pas à l’appel d’Istanbul ! :P
    Bonne journée, ou peut-être nuit à Sydney :)

• Garance December, 3 2010, 12:41 / Reply

Merci pour mes posts sur Istanbul, ravie qu’ils vous aient plu !

Le Fiancé du Pirate : Mort de rire, tu as raison !

• Zeynep December, 3 2010, 12:44 / Reply

Les micro-verres de thé sont irrésistibles, mais les hommes, non! Désolée…
    Les hommes turcs vivent encore dans un monde ou la femme est inférieure.. Ça m’étonne que tu n’as pas vu/ne nous parles pas de ça. Peut-être que les touristes ne voient pas ça…

• Eva December, 3 2010, 12:44

Zeynep, tu ne devrais pas généraliser. Les hommes turcs ne sont pas pires que les hommes d’autres nationalités, pas mal mieux que plusieurs autres nationalités je te dirais. Par ailleurs, je ne crois pas que le but de la photo est de montrer ça. Je trouve que ces hommes sont bien habillés et on l’air plutôt sympa. La photo est très belle franchement.

• kate December, 3 2010, 12:45 / Reply

tu m’as séduite avec tout tes articles sur Istanbul, que je pense y aller bientôt !
    en tout cas ,avec toutes ces bonnes adresses, je suis sure de ne rien râter ;.)

Merçi Garance et merci Melodi !

kate

• Tiffany December, 3 2010, 12:47 / Reply

After all your Istanbul posts, I REALLY want to go there someday. The people, the food and shopping sound amazing!

• Garance December, 3 2010, 12:48 / Reply

Zeynep : C’est évident qu’en moins d’une semaine je n’ai pas eu le temps d’approfondir… Le moment que j’ai vécu en prenant cette photo était en tout cas charmant, cordial et très chaleureux.

• Anais_et_Chloe December, 3 2010, 12:49 / Reply

I really share your passion to Istanbul. Fantastic city!
    Beautiful men!

• Vanillabricot December, 3 2010, 12:50 / Reply

Je suis une bloggueuse absolument pas mode, exilée en Turquie et complètement amoureuse d’Istanbul (même si je vis à ANkara depuis 3 ans). Je suis ton blog et je suis ravie d’y retrouver un peu de chez moi. Je note quelques adresses pour mon prochain weekend Stambouliotte ;)
    Bises

• Alisa December, 3 2010, 12:58 / Reply

Thank you for this post! My boyfriend and I had just been talking about visiting Istanbul in the spring (since I’ll be studying in the Netherlands and will be that much closer to everything than I am here, in NY).
    Now I really can’t wait =).

• San December, 3 2010, 12:59 / Reply

Hey mais je picole, c’est même pas Istanbul la capitale de la Turquie.
    Bon, j’aurais au moins appris ça aujourd’hui !

• Al December, 3 2010, 1:00 / Reply

This post is… extremely useful!! When I’ll go to Instanbul I’ll definitely try out those places and Melody’s suggestions, I love non-official city guides…

It would be great if you would make it become your new little series, after the “first times” one… For each city you visit and that you love, a mini guide from a chic girl, inhabitant of that city… I would soooo love it!

Anyway, great post as always, it cheered up my lonely lunch at the office desk!

Al

- The Red Dot -

• Melle Dubndidu December, 3 2010, 1:09 / Reply

Superbe article
    On en sait plus sur cette ville mysterieuse

bises
    Anne

• Albane December, 3 2010, 1:09 / Reply

Garance sème l’envie….J’ai pris 2 billets pour Istanbul…Grace à toi ! Merci !

• mamzelle carnetO December, 3 2010, 1:13 / Reply

j’aime surtout le sourire affolant de la fille au milieu, ce contraste. non, un sourire lumineux en fait

• geekette77 December, 3 2010, 1:15 / Reply

Merci pour toutes ces bonnes adresses ! il faut que je me renseigne sur ce syeux porte-bonheur !!

• Aline December, 3 2010, 1:19 / Reply

Aaah Melodi!, ce beau visage angélique! Mille mercis pour ces bonnes adresses :)

C’est fou comme ces hommes ressemblent aux hommes argentins!

Besos porteños

=^.^=

• Shamini December, 3 2010, 1:29 / Reply

magnifique!
    j’aime beaucoup la photo! et oui les hommes avec le thé, ça me rappelle l’inde… mais évidemment, ça reste moins classe!

bisous

• Sophie Mhabille December, 3 2010, 1:31 / Reply

Ca y est, j’ai envie d’aller à Istanbul maintenant !

• Hélène December, 3 2010, 1:36 / Reply

en tout cas la photo est sublime, très “vivante” :)

• Rosa&Carlotta December, 3 2010, 1:36 / Reply

I always enjoy reading your articles, and the picture is great!
    Definitely have to go to Istanbul sometime :)
    check out our fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)

• The Working Girl December, 3 2010, 1:51 / Reply

La phot est génial!!
    J’adore le mélange des genres, le costume-cravate dans un cadre traditionnel, et la belle Melodi qui trône au milieu de tous ces hommes!!

• Paulinette December, 3 2010, 2:03 / Reply

‘Tain! Moi si je propose du thé à mon père ou mes frères, ils me regardent avec des gros yeux, genre “t’as pas fini de dire des conneries?”

N’empêche qu’elle est classe là, Melodi au milieu de son harem d’hommes.

• Ylenia December, 3 2010, 2:13 / Reply

this picture is so lovely!!!!
    and is one of the only with more then 1 people in the shoot :-)

ciao ciao
    Ylenia

• LaLoveList December, 3 2010, 2:22 / Reply

J’adore…ça me rappelle les rues de Damas, dont mes parents sont originaires…Bravo ça change de parler d’Istanbul! xx

• Alice No December, 3 2010, 2:24 / Reply

Istanbul, again.
    Thanks for sharing, I definitely want to go there.

Alice.

NOALICENO.BLOGSPOT.COM

• Cristin December, 3 2010, 2:30 / Reply

Melodi, the name suits her perfectly!
    Her overall neutral outfit, without one appointment of accessories anywhere (except the bag), complete lack of vanity, just makes her femininity more evident, her naturally beautiful face is so evident, unavoidable!

The “super virile men” around her, make such a huge contrast with the beautiful, soft Melodi! She almost feels a little uncomfortable… standing up in the middle of all the seated men, that look so obviously at ease and amused.
    Even the stone wall behind her and the chunky table amplify her delicate beauty and softness.
    I’m not sure I like this ensemble… the whole picture, I mean. Feels a bit weird!

I’m not planning on going to Istanbul any time soon, but it’s always great to have a guide from someone that really knows all the “must places”!

How’s the weather down there, warm and sunny and nice? Have you been to the beach yet? So envious right now!
    Enjoy your stay!… And keep us posted!
    Big, big hugs!

• Jane with the noisy terrier December, 3 2010, 2:36 / Reply

Excellent post, as usual! Can you ask these chic local girls about their favorite beauty products? It’s one of my favorite souvenirs when I travel, to bring back something “local.”

• K.rolyne December, 3 2010, 2:37 / Reply

Un conseil pour les soucoupes du service à café, évitez-leur le lave vaisselle ! Ben oui, ça paraît évident, sauf à moi, les miennes sont totalement délavées… Un prétexte pour y retourner ? Bibiz

• galliane December, 3 2010, 2:38 / Reply

Cette photo est magnifique, je trouve ! Elle change de tes clichés habituels dans son atmosphère. :)

• Anne Chic and Geek December, 3 2010, 2:54 / Reply

Un voyage imaginaire autour de ma chambre de plus grâce à Mélodi…
    J’ai commencé à lire machinalement. je me suis même dit “mais pourquoi je lis ça moi, je n’irai jamais…” et puis j’ai été embarquée, j’ai senti le café… j’y étais !
    Merci.
    Bisous
    Anne

• Camille December, 3 2010, 3:08 / Reply

Très jolie photo.
    Elle me fait penser à une photo qu’on pourrait trouver en couverture de Vanity Fair !

• Lili and Garnet December, 3 2010, 3:11 / Reply

“bijoux ottomans vintage”… Ca me fait rêver!

• Eunice December, 3 2010, 3:15 / Reply

Super! La turquie me tente encore plus maintenant que je sais que je peux y faire du snowboard!!

• Hera December, 3 2010, 3:22 / Reply

Thank you Garance for all this great info, it is a pitty that the Haydarpasa train station had been severly damaged by a fire recently.
    Thanks again, I love to read all your posts.

• Jennifer - Stylish Clin d'Oeil December, 3 2010, 3:24 / Reply

Elle me fait rêver cette fille avec toutes ses ‘adresses bons plans’
    Je m’imagine déjà flâner là-bas, me poser à une table en terrasse, en sirotant un bon thé ‘bouillant’ (mais pas trop non plus^^)…
    Rien que d’y penser, je m’y crois déjà^^

• Lapetitemarmoset December, 3 2010, 3:27 / Reply

What a great shot! I do love the juxtaposition of the macho men and their tea cups!

• Comme fraiche December, 3 2010, 3:31 / Reply

Interesting photo. They look like actors from a new “Godfather” movie.

• véronique December, 3 2010, 3:31 / Reply

Je ne suis pas sûre d’aller à Istanbul bientôt mais dieu que j’aime cette photo. On dirait un tableau et je pourrais écrire un roman rien qu’à partir d’elle. Bravo bravo, je bave.

• jimjims December, 3 2010, 3:47 / Reply

this shot looks too good to be true.

every pose and little movement is perfect.

you sure its not an ad campaign?!

wow!

• Claire December, 3 2010, 3:56 / Reply

Ca fait presque 3 ans que je suis ton blog, si ce n’est plus mais j’ai du laisser 5 commentaires maxi. Là je ne peux pas m’en empêcher : je voulais juste te féliciter pour ta nouvelle présentation qui fait une part belle au photo. Le rendu est magnifique pour les yeux – c’est d’autant plus visible sur cette photo. Donc merci ! :)
    Ps : ARRETE AVEC ISTANBUL JE VAIS MOURIR D’ENVIE !!

• Elle de DuoDIdees December, 3 2010, 4:05 / Reply

Magnifique photo…

Cela me rappelle mon dernier séjour à Istanbul, j’y étais d’ailleurs en 1999, année du tremblement de terre, et j’avais été bouleversée par la dignité et solidarité de toute la population des les heures qui suivirent… J’ai longtemps cherché à y trouver une raison de m’y installer pour une ou deux années, une bonne excuse pour découvrir plus en détail cette culture et ce patrimoine magnifiques… qui sait, peut être un jour!

Elle de Duo D’Idées

• Elle de Duo D'Idees December, 3 2010, 4:06 / Reply

Magnifique photo…

Elle de Duo D’Idées

• Yves December, 3 2010, 4:09 / Reply

J’adore… et le porteur de thé me rappelle quand j’y vivais… ces porteurs passaient dans les rues, les sociétés et autres en criant “tchaï… tchaï !” et comme tout le monde j’en faisais une sacré consommation… merci Garance et belle ambiance la photo… c’est vrai, on en fini jamais avec Istanbul… pourtant ni Casablanca, Montréal ou New York, que j’adore, ces villes où j’ai vécu ne m’ont fait l’effet d’Istanbul… attention !!!

• Olivia (à Paris) December, 3 2010, 4:54 / Reply

Mon dieu cette photo est vraiment vraiment superbe. Bravo.

• Marich December, 3 2010, 4:58 / Reply

Ohlala j’ai jamais posté de commentaire et je pensais jamais le faire mais la : CETTE PHOTO EST VRAIMENT MAGNIFIQUE.
    Merci beaucoup pour ce joli moment.

• Sarah Doyle December, 3 2010, 5:00 / Reply

I’ve been to Turkey (Alanya) but never to Istanbul, after reading this I’d love to go though! That tea picture is amazing, great composition and I’m sure great memories!

Burn the Blonde

• Fred H. December, 3 2010, 5:03 / Reply

Terrific photo Garance. Please keep posting photos of great looking GUYS that you find in your travels. Your loyal male followers want to see what catches your eye! Merci beacoup! (Spasibo balshoye!)

• geugeubm December, 3 2010, 5:03 / Reply

Bonjour Garance,

Bravo pour ce beau blog.
    Cependant je suis un peu choquée par un point: Mais a Istanbul, les hommes ne sont pas “toujours des gentlemans” envers les femmes car ils se considèrent comme leur “supérieurs”: les épouses des hommes sur la photo, n’ont pas des vies aussi libres que l’on peut l’imaginer. Une femme est soumise aux hommes en Turquie.

• no&me December, 3 2010, 5:21 / Reply

Alors en plus de cette charmante photo, je trouve Melodi et sa “Combine Maison” comme diraient mon deuxième petit garçon, carrément topissimes !!!! Je ne vois pas bien si c’est bien une combi ou un ensemble, quoi qu’il en soit, c’est ravissant ! Et quelle jolie coiffure ! Elle est très féminine cette Melodi !
    Bizooo

• FASHION SNAG December, 3 2010, 5:52 / Reply

I love the tea photo you posted and of course the Istanbul guide. Thank you! x

• Nicole @ www.theionfashion.com December, 3 2010, 5:55 / Reply

I loved Istanbul when I was there last summer…I have a couple great blogs about our sailing trip. Hope to go back very soon.

• Marianna December, 3 2010, 6:11 / Reply

You give the best heartfelt and down-to-earth interviews! Perhaps “Garance as Interviewer” is the Part 6 of your path … to be continued I guess <3

• L'Avignonienne December, 3 2010, 6:12 / Reply

Merci pour les adresses ! Et en effet, Hamdi c’est très bon et bien situé. J’y avais mangé avec mon copain et nos voisins nous ont offert le raki et le melon d’eau : encore un bon exemple de l’hospitalité stambouliote !

• Valentine December, 3 2010, 6:14 / Reply

Superbe la photo.. J’adore!

-diary of a fashion stylist-

• Ala December, 3 2010, 6:26 / Reply

I’ve been wanting to go to Istanbul for some time now…reading your blogs and seeing your pictures makes it a must in the upcoming year! Thank you Garance!

• Elza Sokolovski December, 3 2010, 6:27 / Reply

La photo est excellente! Tous tes articles sur Istanbul me donnent vraiment envie de visiter cette ville !

• Marie-Clemence December, 3 2010, 6:55 / Reply

Photo absolument superbe. La composition, les contrastes, les couleurs: tout est parfait…
    Garance, ton blog est ma lecture préferée chaque matin avec mon thé. J’y trouve une inspiration, un optimisme, une joie de vivre qui me donnent la pêche pour toute une journée.

• Pinar December, 3 2010, 6:57 / Reply

It’s a great photo, Garance… I
    Love from ?stanbul

• alice December, 3 2010, 7:17 / Reply

thanks for sharing this!i will go to istanbul for sure!
    alice

• Jacinda Barrett December, 3 2010, 7:26 / Reply

I’ve always wanted to go…. sounds lovely. We were contemplating Turkey, Croatia, etc. this year and opted for Portugal with a little side helping of Seville and Zurich on our way out. All beautiful places…. so much to see.

I’m still trying to catch up on my Portugal Posts.
    This link above is to the one I did on the Palace we stayed at in Lisbon – utterly romantic. Really one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in.

Beautiful Posts, Garance.

• salomé December, 3 2010, 8:01 / Reply

J’aime bcp cette photo… ;)

• Karine December, 3 2010, 8:08 / Reply

Wouah, la photo est superbe! J’adore! *.*
    Décidément, les articles sur Istanbul ne me lassent pas du tout!

• Tofu December, 3 2010, 8:39 / Reply

vous me donnez vraiment envie d’y aller..

• L'habitué December, 3 2010, 8:49 / Reply

I just love the way you capture people!
    That’s it, next stop, ISTANBUL!!

• modebea December, 3 2010, 9:04 / Reply

Tu donnes envie refaire un tour à Istambul que j’ai vu trop vite, comme beaucoup de touristes…

• pinassotte December, 3 2010, 9:21 / Reply

cet interview et vrai frais et énergique mais la photo est d’une beauté incroyable !!! Merci Istanbul

• Lizzy December, 3 2010, 9:45 / Reply

This may honestly be the best picture I’ve ever seen on this blog (which is hard because I love them all). AMAZING!!

• Gigi December, 3 2010, 9:49 / Reply

Salut Garance,

ta photo est belle et change de se que l’on voit habituellement sur ton blog, trés franchement je ne sais pas si un jour j’irai à Istanbul, à vrai dire je n’ y ai jamais pensé…dans tous les cas tes posts concernant cette ville étaient vraiment bons!

• Sabel December, 3 2010, 9:55 / Reply

Garance,
    Je regarde ton blog tous les jours mais ne commente jamais, sûrement parce que la qualité de ton travail se passe de commentaire ! Mais en voyant cette photo, en sentant son atmosphère, j’ai vraiment tenu à te dire “brava!”, well done, you really do deserve your success (je ne sais pas pourquoi je tombe dans l’anglais, soudain, strange…), et merci de ces moments quotidiens hors de la réalité.
    Il y a une marque britannique, galloise pour être exact, appelée Toast, dont les catalogues et l’image me rappellent beaucoup le style de cette photo. In a fantasy world, I would love LOVE your name in their photo credits. Autrement dit, il faut que tu shootes une de leurs campagnes, sérieux, ce serait a perfect fit. Et je crois que tu viendrais leur ajouter une touche de lumière et de légèreté qui ne serait pas en trop.
    Garance, lis-tu tous les coms? Je l’espère.

Keep it up and thank you.
    IxFx

• Emilie a. December, 3 2010, 10:13 / Reply

J’aime beaucoup la classe silencieuse des hommes sur cette photos, j’avais eu la même impression d’élégance simple lorsque j’avais renseignée un homme, la cinquantaine de nationalité russe ( il appartenait au chœur de l’armée russe, je ne l’ai su qu’après.. ).

Je rêve d’Istanbul, malheureusement, et je ne sais pourquoi, c’est sans doute LA destination la plus chère du bassin méditerranéen…j’attendrais :)

• Lauren December, 3 2010, 10:14 / Reply

Elma chai!! I visited Istanbul during Ramadan last year and everyone was drinking delicious little glasses of hot apple tea and smoking hookahs. It really is a beautiful city. Thanks for sharing all the photos!

• Astraordinaire December, 3 2010, 11:04 / Reply

Tes posts reflètent tout à fait le mélange de magie orientale et de frénésie européenne qui m’a emballé lors de mes séjours à Istanbul. Merci de nous faire partager tes coup de cœurs, tu as raison d’être tombé amoureuse de cette ville, comment ne le serait-on pas ?

• FH December, 3 2010, 11:05 / Reply

Excuse moi Garance, mais je les trouve pas du tout irrésistibles :D
    Merci pour toutes ces adresses !!
    Bonne soirée

Fanny

• sunday December, 3 2010, 11:06 / Reply

i love tea (drinking one right now).. i think would like istanbul very much

• justine December, 4 2010, 12:12 / Reply

j’adore cette photo!
    -justine

• Carole December, 4 2010, 1:59 / Reply

ha ha des adresses, un post à garder!
    J’adore la photo!

• Giovanna December, 4 2010, 4:46 / Reply

This is very lovely! Thanks for sharing!
    Boho Market Giveaway
    Thanks darling!
    Giovanna

• Lisa Petrarca December, 4 2010, 8:05 / Reply

I love that picture and the distinguished men with their little tea cups made me chuckle.

• Beny Ricardo Sadewo December, 4 2010, 9:12 / Reply

always such a Lovelt pic,,,,,, Thanks for sharing Garance,….

Love,
    Beny Ricardo Sadewo

• Soho December, 4 2010, 9:50 / Reply

As tu gouté le thé a la pomme ? C’est juste divin…
    Ce n’est pas pour rien qu’Istambul reste une de mes capitales préférées ;) !

• Grace Escudero - The Afeminada December, 4 2010, 10:22 / Reply

I never had that much interest in Istanbul, but I must go now! Thanks Garance :)

• lialia December, 4 2010, 11:05 / Reply

Ah toute cette série sur Istanbul est un vrai délice pour les yeux et l’imaginaire, tu nous transportes!!!
    Et les photos sont toutes aussi charmantes les unes comme les autres, c’est dingue!!!
    Merci pour ces petites évasions quotidiennes!

• salomé December, 4 2010, 11:24 / Reply

je suis fan!! ;)
    ps: Si vous voulez faire des petits cadeaux sympa et pas trop chers ou vous les offrir…
    Ici vous trouverez d’adorables petites pochettes pour y mettre ce que vous voulez…
    Ca va de la pochette a clefs à la pochette à ordi… ;)

• This Time Now December, 4 2010, 12:13 / Reply

I really love this photo, the men, the light, the young lady looks like a princess and the men look like her loyal and honorable protectors.

• S. December, 4 2010, 12:18 / Reply

J’adore merci pour tous ces adresses et bons plans!

• faraway December, 4 2010, 12:49 / Reply

Super toutes ces adresses d’une habituée ! merci merci, je m’en servirais à coup sûr quand j’organiserai un de mes prochains voyages là bas !!

• Davidikus December, 4 2010, 1:46 / Reply

Excellent ! J’irai sans doute à Istanbul un jour prochain et ces conseils seront précieux. Merci.

• Adele December, 4 2010, 1:58 / Reply

These travel interview-type posts are my favorite (along with your ‘My First Time’ series). It’s really great to be able to a get a gist of the best of what a city can offer through the eyes of a local! Thanks again for posting these!

• LatteLisa December, 4 2010, 2:03 / Reply

priceless photo … awesome!

I’ll definitely have to visit Istanbul one day.

• Caro Fashionews December, 4 2010, 3:01 / Reply

La photo est surréaliste. On dirait presque des poupées de cire!
    Une photo du style mafia italienne… j’adore!

caro @ geneva

• blog mode December, 4 2010, 3:25 / Reply

Ils étaient tous très sympa tes posts sur istanbul, j’adore dès qu’il s’agit de voyages!

• Julie Z December, 4 2010, 6:15 / Reply

J’ai eu la chance d’y aller une fois, mais tout ça donne me donne envie d’y retourner en emportant cette liste d’adresses ! :)

• CamilleL December, 4 2010, 6:30 / Reply

La photo…….. Très Coppolesque. J’adore

• sophie tagel December, 4 2010, 7:30 / Reply

Joli article, ça nous permet de connaitre mieux Istanbul !

• Flannie December, 4 2010, 7:39 / Reply

Ca donne sacrément envie d’aller y faire un tour, en effet ! Et ta photo nous transporte tout autant que l’interview.
    Quelle est donc cette tenue que porte Melodi ? Elle a l’air ultra-confortable !

• Lyse December, 4 2010, 8:11 / Reply

Cette photo est tout simplement géniale ! Elle me rappelle certains clichés de Annie Leibovitz, et c’est plutôt drôle de rapprocher de cette photographe très américaine de ces istanbuliotes…
    Par ailleurs, je sais bien que tu ne peux cautionner tous les commentaires de ton blog, mais quel dommage de voir que certaines personnes qui passent ici se permettent encore de divulguer de purs clichés, à vomir, sur la société turque, qu’ils ne connaissent vraisemblablement pas (“Mais a Istanbul, les hommes ne sont pas « toujours des gentlemans » envers les femmes car ils se considèrent comme leur « supérieurs »: les épouses des hommes sur la photo, n’ont pas des vies aussi libres que l’on peut l’imaginer. Une femme est soumise aux hommes en Turquie.”)… alors même que tes posts battent en brèche de telles idées !
    Enfin, c’est toujours un plaisir de venir ici ! Bises

• Cheyma December, 4 2010, 10:20 / Reply

La photo est sublime.

• Caroline December, 4 2010, 10:22 / Reply

Bonsoir Garance, pourrais tu s’il te plait dire quel appareil photo tu utilises, son modèle et la marque .

Je t’embrasse, tes photos sont magnifiques, c’est ce que je préfère sur le blog.

• yevy December, 5 2010, 2:13 / Reply

fantastic post!!!!!! love the picture!
    xoxoxo

• Steph à Berlin /Berliner December, 5 2010, 2:18 / Reply

j’y serai en mai, donc merci Garance !!!!!

• ainhoa December, 5 2010, 4:14 / Reply

…très irrésistibles…. ils s’appellent comment ? ils font quoi dans leur vie ;-) ?
    merci pour la photo et adresses.

• Lisa December, 5 2010, 6:06 / Reply

Beautiful post, love the photo!

x

foreignfashion.blogspot.com

• isis December, 5 2010, 11:30 / Reply

Ton article m’adonné envie d’aller faire un petit we à Istanbul…

SINON j’ai interviewé la fille ainée d’Inés de LA FRESSANGE, Nine d’Urso sur mon blog. Un bijou par sa fraîcheur et sa spontaneité….
    Isis

• camie December, 6 2010, 1:26 / Reply

cette photo est magique.

• Linoï December, 6 2010, 8:41 / Reply

J’adore la photo ,c’es juste magnifique ,je suis en admiration
    Bravo

• Giovanna December, 6 2010, 11:07 / Reply

This is very lovely! Thanks for sharing!
    PS: I’m having a lovely Giveaway on my blog, you’re more than welcome to participate here: Boho Market Giveaway
    Thanks!
    Giovanna

• bea December, 6 2010, 11:11 / Reply

The most beautiful city on earth, the only one that lies on two continents. Napoleon said ” if the world should have a capital, than that should be Istanbul”. I am so going there in june next year!! And the Grand Bazaar, the best place to go for FABULOUS jewelry.

• Megan C December, 6 2010, 12:07 / Reply

That photo with her in the middle of all those tea drinking me is brilliant. I love it!

…Megan

• Emily the Panda December, 7 2010, 4:42 / Reply

This was so interesting to read, I’ve never been to Istanbul before!

Emily//TheLesserPanda

• noor December, 13 2010, 9:14 / Reply

il faut manger du KUMPIR aussi … Les cadeaux à rapporter… les bijoux (ils sont justes géniaux).. et les fringues, Istanbul est très en avances sur la mode… Les chaussures que j’avais acheté y a 2 ans, était à la mode cette été… et pareil pour les fringues… OOOO ma belle Istanbul me manque… surtt sa populace si généreuse …

NOOR (nostalgique)

• Marisol Perry December, 22 2010, 3:08 / Reply

This was so interesting to read, I’ve never been to Istanbul before! Emily//TheLesserPanda

• Ece January, 1 2011, 5:46 / Reply

I live in Istanbul and i can see all beauties every day. And i am so lucky that my school cafe can see all the seaview. it’s spectacular! And it is so good to smell the sea. But it always so interesting to be in Be?ikta? and Ortakoy where you can eat jacket potato (we call it Kumpir). There are so many things to do and visit. You should do all these stuff for me :))

• Bella January, 5 2011, 4:55 / Reply

Beautiful wide group shot. Something classical about it…

• Aurélise Voisin February, 3 2011, 2:29 / Reply

Hello Garance !

La Turquie, quel beau pays ! Il faut vraiment être aller là-bas pour réaliser que tous les préjugés que nous avons sont tout bonnement faux ! La mode, les femmes, les hommes et l’histoire…. WAHOU ! Je viens de relire cet article, et le métier de cette jeune femme – Melodi – m’intéresse particulièrement, y aurait-il un quelconque moyen de contacter cette jeune femme ? Pour lui poser quelques questions sur son métier d’acheteuse pour les magasins V2K…

Best regards,

Aurélise

• Çi?dem February, 24 2011, 1:36 / Reply

Istanbul is my hometown. There are many other beautiful places in Istanbul which are not in the article. Also another cities in Turkey… If you can come, I’m sure you will love here much:)

• Laura September, 4 2012, 5:48 / Reply

In-croy-able photo!!!!

• Diane February, 3 2013, 10:22 / Reply

Ce post tombe à pic, je m’envole pour Istanbul la semaine prochaine. Si tu as d’autres bons plans à partager Garance n’hésite surtout pas à me les envoyer par mail.
    Bonne continuation :)

• Nicola July, 11 2013, 5:18 / Reply

This is amazing, I’m moving to Istanbul next week and love all the tips. Is there any more advice on new places to go in the city? And a list of great boutiques to go to?

• Flavie December, 7 2013, 9:26 / Reply

Bonjour Garance,
    je reviens sur ce post avec grand plaisir, une de mes destinations rêvées a toujours été Istanbul, depuis que je suis toute petite en fait, dû à un film français qui se passait dans cette ville magique et qui m’avait marqué. Il se trouve que je viens de fêter mes 25 ans et que mon mari me fait le merveilleux cadeau de m’emmener là-bas, j’ai tout de suite repenser à tes posts et ton amour pour Istanbul, je suis donc entrain de tout noter :) J’aurais juste une petite question: quel hôtel me conseilles-tu ?
    Merci d’avance et buona giornata a te !