cfda

We are so honored to be receiving the CFDA Eugenia Sheppard Media Award and couldn’t have done it without you, our readers.

As a part of the ceremony, Scott and I are working on a video presentation and we would really love for you to be a part of it. We are asking our readers and fans to submit a short video where you tell us what our work means to you. Maybe you have a favorite photograph from Scott’s site or a post that meant a lot to you from my blog–whatever it is, we want to hear about it.

These don’t have to be Hollywood productions, they can be anything from a video recorded using a webcam to something you shoot with your cell phone. We would love to hear from all four corners of the globe. We are proud of our international following and want to hear not only from the fashion capitals but also from remote places, like the village where I grew up, for example (I’d love a little message from Corsica!). Feel free to record your video your native language or in English.

Here are a few guidelines and tips for recording the videos:

In Photo Booth on Mac
Open the Photo Booth application on your Mac and select the film strip icon on the right. Click on the red camera to begin your recording. When finished, select the video and you will be able to send it via email.

On a digital camera
Switch your camera to the movie record function and film your video. Upload the file to your computer and attach it to an email.

On a cell phone
In your camera app, select record video/video camera and film your video. You can email the file directly from your phone.

The video should be:

• In a QuickTime format (.mov, .mp4, .m4v, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AVI, DV)

• No larger than 800×600 resolution.

• We encourage you to use We Transfer or other file sharing services for sending the video files.

• Video must be between 30 SECONDS AND 1 MINUTE. We will not be able to use any footage that is over 1 minute.

Please send all video submissions to cfdavideo@gmail.com by May 18, 2012. Please include your contact information for follow up.

Please leave any questions in the comments of this post.

Thank you so much for all the support!

Garance & Scott

• Come see me at FIAF!
    Stories
    Come see me at FIAF!
  • The Comb
    The Comb
  • Pardon My French / Is Everyone A Photographer?
    Stories
    Pardon My French /...
  • Scott on AOL
    Scott on AOL

• Natasha Fatah May, 9 2012, 4:05 / Reply

Just left a note over on Scott’s page.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS FOR YOU BOTH!!!

And thanks for wanting to include your fans in this wonderful experience.
    I’ll try to submit something for sure!!

Once again, a million congratulations!

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Elisa Eymery May, 9 2012, 4:15 / Reply

You guys influence me so much in my work and everyday life it’s only fair that I take 2 minutes to do a video! I’ll do my best :)

Elisa

Wandering Minds clothing

• Leon May, 9 2012, 4:15 / Reply

Congratulations !

• Gigi May, 9 2012, 4:18 / Reply

Je trouve que c’est une super idée! Je ne le ferai pas car je n’aime pas me filmer où qu’on me filme, mais encore une fois: Félicitation à vous deux, une successtory à vous deux.
    J’espère qu’on aura des images de la cérémonie:)

• Danie May, 9 2012, 4:19 / Reply

Ohhh my goodness! Huge congratulations!!

• amore May, 9 2012, 4:29 / Reply

Not going to send a video, but did want to express my thanks to you and the Sartorialist.

After working many years in the fashion industry, I decided to retire from the fast-paced, competitive, and high heeled life, to start a family. Your’s and Scott’s blogs helped me have that little window into what I loved about the industry and inspired me to not (completely) surrender to sweatpants. Your blogs are accessible to those inside and outside of the industry, making fashion and fashion insiders more tangible to the everyday person.

Congrats on your award, you two deserve it.

• Cristián Pavez Díaz May, 9 2012, 4:46 / Reply

You deserve it for sure. You’ve inspired us all.
    Greetings from Santiago, Chile.

Twitter: @cristianpavezd
    Facebook: http://on.fb.me/uywe6X

• Garance May, 9 2012, 4:49 / Reply

Thank you to Marion in Paris for the first video!!!

• L'heure d'été May, 9 2012, 4:52 / Reply

Toutes mes félicitations !
    Cet honneur partagé à deux… sera un moment inoubliable.
    C’est un vrai plaisir de voir le travail de personnes de talent récompensé.
    Merci Garance, pour ces moments à part dans mes journées, que j’aime voler au temps. Je voyage avec tes billets lumineux, à l’humeur au beau fixe. C’est mon moment, rien qu’à moi, de détente et de plaisir pour les yeux.
    Il y a une certaine énergie, un certain éclat qui se dégage de ton travail, avec manifestement une jolie personne derrière les photos.
    Belle route à deux !
    Nathalie

• Color&Cut - Marion May, 9 2012, 5:01 / Reply

C’est sympa comme initiative ! Une vidéo en basque, ça ira alors…

• sayali May, 9 2012, 5:04 / Reply

heartiest congratulations! your blog gives a lot of joy to a lot of people… I am one of them!
    all the best to you!

• Coralie S. May, 9 2012, 5:05 / Reply

OH OUI OUI OUI OUI ! Bon il me reste plus qu’à trouver quelque chose de pas complètement débile à dire pour vous remercier comme il se doit d’être, juste, là. J’ai TELLEMENT hâte de voir le résultat (qui ne pourra que être génial étant donné que vous êtes géniaux) !

• Cabicheaunid May, 9 2012, 5:06 / Reply

LA CLASS !!! Bravo je vous trouve supers tous les deux, vous avez “ouvert mes chakras” ! Je crois que pour le coup je vais me surpasser et tenter une petite video, que je tacherai donc d’envoyer avant le 18 !!!

Géniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

• shopnextdoor May, 9 2012, 5:06 / Reply

Holala, faut bosser… Oui, c’est extra ! Si cela n’est pas urgent… mon associé et moi allons faire notre petite contribution…

• Astrel May, 9 2012, 5:15 / Reply

Great News Garance + Scott!!! CONGRATS!!!

• jeanne berre May, 9 2012, 5:24 / Reply

Je ne sais pas si je vais oser poster une vidéo, mais je tenais à vous remercier pour votre travail. D’autant qu’une des silhouettes parues dans le livre de Scott à été une des principales sources d’inspirations pour ma collection. Félicitations.

• Sophie Mhabille May, 9 2012, 5:25 / Reply

Toutes mes félicitations, vous êtes mes modèles tous les deux, vraiment

• Jet May, 9 2012, 5:25 / Reply

Gefeliciteerd! (Congratulations in Dutch..)
    The photographs of Scott are so good, and your blog almost always
    makes me laugh! You 2 deserve this price!
    Lots of success and fun with the
    making of,
    and a very nice evening when receiving the award!
    Love from Holland!

• Polly May, 9 2012, 5:55 / Reply

Congratulations to you both- you both truly deserve it.
    I hope to send a video next week
    XX Polly

• Sevan May, 9 2012, 6:20 / Reply

Felicitations a vous deux pour une recompense bien meritee.
    Grace a votre blog et celui de Scott, je suis le courant fashion, bien plus
    sympa que de feuilleter un magazine. Et puis, j’aime lire les commentaires, surtout les francais, hi, hi….. (pas chauvine !)

• Yeba May, 9 2012, 6:38 / Reply

Coucou Garance,

Encore félicitations!!! C’est vrai que ton blog est une inspiration constante dont je ne me lasse jamais. Pour la peine, je fais ça dès demain!!!
    En français? En Anglais?

Yeba

• Garance May, 9 2012, 6:38

Hi Yeba- You can record your video in French or in English, whichever you prefer!

• Emmy May, 9 2012, 7:59 / Reply

Congratulations to you and Scott! I probably will not be able to do a video, but do want to let you know that your blog is such an inspiration to many of us, not just for the beautiful pictures but also for your wonderful writing. You are the perfect example of someone that is successful but does take it all too seriously, and for that, thank you.

• Nica May, 9 2012, 8:21 / Reply

I hope you will post the video after the ceremony so we can meet a few of our fellow fans and share in this fantastic moment for you both!

Congrats again!!! Can’t wait to make and send my video!! :)

• Katie May, 9 2012, 8:47 / Reply

Congrats! I read both of your blogs daily. I live in a small town in rural Japan, where there is only 1 store that carries American sizes and it is in the town over. Forget shoes for my gigantic American feet. Your blogs provide me the opportunity to not only experience the fashion culture that I just don’t have here, but also to stay connected to my home. Reading it makes me a little less home-sick. Thanks so much!

• Maria João Rodrigues May, 9 2012, 9:25 / Reply

my talent for even amateur videos is none!!!
    but, if i had a little message for you, it you be…

Thank you, for being part of my daily routine!

Huge congratulations from Porto, Portugal!

• misspeony May, 9 2012, 11:16 / Reply

beautiful idea!
    I will soon send you a video. Maybe j’ai de la chance :)
    I like your style Garance!
    Salut

misspeony

• lilou May, 10 2012, 12:12 / Reply

BRAVO À VOUS 2!!!
    Pour les vidéos, doit-on obligatoirement être dessus ou ça peut juste être un message audio? je n’aime pas vraiment être en vidéo. Merci! et bravissimo

• Lisa May, 10 2012, 12:14 / Reply

Was so happy to hear the news!!!

Have been an avid fan for years. You are a true woman of inspiration + passion.

I will be the CFDA TROVA hostess for the night :) Have done it the past few years. So will hopefully get the chance to meet you backstage and will be on stage handing the award to the presenter.

Goodluck with the submissions.

All the best,

Lisa

• Jenny Kozlow May, 10 2012, 12:20 / Reply

Congratulations!!
    I will try and fumble through with a video to send,as you guys have been a daily source of inspiration for me for years!!

• Victoria May, 10 2012, 1:52 / Reply

Félicitations à vous deux!!!!!!!!!

• Léti May, 10 2012, 3:14 / Reply

Un grand bravo !

Bises
    Léti

• asianfreak May, 10 2012, 3:35 / Reply

You totally deserved it!
    Bravo à vous deux.
    bises

• Coralie de Made In SisterS May, 10 2012, 3:42 / Reply

C’est vraiment la classe, mais à vrai dire ce n’est pas étonnant, le travail de qualité est toujours récompensé, félicitations!
    on va t’envoyer un petite vidéo, on se met au taf tout à l’heure!
    bisous à tous les 2, et sutout continuez comme ça, c’est une plaisir et un moment d détente de venir ici!

• gui May, 10 2012, 3:51 / Reply

So doing this!!
    Love from Beirut

• Peomeroncina May, 10 2012, 3:52 / Reply

Bravo!! Des années de travail récompensées:). Comme quoi il faut persévérer!
    Je vais essayer de faire une vidéo:)

• Lamirose May, 10 2012, 4:11 / Reply

Je suis ravie pour toi Garance…moi qui te suis depuis tes débuts et qui ai eu la chance de te rencontrer …j ai bien peur de ne pas savoir comment l’exprimer dans une vidéo…en tout cas il me faudra plus de 30 sec :)

gros bisous
    Lamirose

• Anna May, 10 2012, 4:20 / Reply

such a cool idea! oh, and congrats on your award again!

• Tahirou May, 10 2012, 4:40 / Reply

Félicitations pour ce prix et merci du fond du cœur pour les 10mn de bonheur quotidien consacrés à la lecture de votre blog et aux photos de Scott.
    Bonne continuation.
    Une lectrice du fin fond de l’Afrique de l’Ouest (Guinée)

• soniachocolat May, 10 2012, 4:54 / Reply

Wow génial! Félicitations! Je vais peut être essayer de faire une petite video pour dire ma fanitude ;-)

Encore Bravo en tout cas (clap clap).

• Charikleia May, 10 2012, 5:21 / Reply

I am going to try and send you a video guys, as a “thank you” for the happy moments I spend visiting your blogs.

All the best and lots of luck for further future conquests!

A big kiss from Greece!

• Simone May, 10 2012, 5:35 / Reply

Congratulations!!

This will be soooo cool! Can’t wait to see final video presentation! Amazing idea!

Kisses from Austria,
    Simone

• Sophie May, 10 2012, 5:46 / Reply

Bravo, je vous félicite! C’est mérité,

Amitiés,

• lyli May, 10 2012, 6:01 / Reply

!!!!!!!!!!!!FELICITATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Odessa May, 10 2012, 6:23 / Reply

Congratulations! How great that you want to include us. xoxo

• En mode Parisienne May, 10 2012, 6:33 / Reply

Felicitation c’est génial !!

• Amaia May, 10 2012, 7:08 / Reply

Congrats!!!!!! You both deserve it!! Your blogs are soooo good! And the idea of the video is such a lovely thing for you to do but I’m afraid I’m a bit too shy!! :)
    Hope you get loads though!! x

• María May, 10 2012, 7:54 / Reply

Congratulations to both of you, specially you Garance, you make my day many times, and have me laughing for a while…. As per the video, just had a glance at the image in my computer, and how can I say it, NO, I’m not sending you a video on my wrinkles….. yuck … But nonetheless, be sure I will have a look at everything you all do!!!

• lilicat May, 10 2012, 8:55 / Reply

Félicitations à vous deux !!!!!!!!! C’est amplement mérité…. Bravo et Merci pour avoir ramené le “beau” dans ma vie à travers la toile….. J’ai pu regoûter aux couleurs, aux belles matières, à la féminité, à la beauté et faire à nouveau miennes toutes ces magnifiques choses que je ne m’autorisais plus depuis des années….
    Je suis trés heureuse pour vous, je penserai fort à vous le jour de la remise du prix.

• natalia May, 10 2012, 9:20 / Reply

Congrats from Finland!

• ainhoa May, 10 2012, 9:49 / Reply

ay ay ay aya ay ……!!! Congratulations !!! Félicitations !!!

• Sihem May, 10 2012, 2:34 / Reply

C’est une excellente idée , Bravo , et juste on a jusqu’à quand pour poster une video (demain c’est encore possible , car ce soir je ne peux pas m’en occupé ) ?
    Bisou <3

• Garance May, 10 2012, 2:34

Tomorrow is fine! You have until May 18th to send a video!

• Antje May, 10 2012, 3:12 / Reply

Bravo pour les awards! J’ai particulièrement adoré les photos et videos que vous avez fait tout les deux pour la St Valentins day pour Tiffany. Très naturel. very true stories. excellent.

For the video… I’ll see if I get inspred and find the time. I guess the best ones are the most simple ones.

• cecilia (luna del mar) May, 10 2012, 3:52 / Reply

je suis tres contente de lire les tons de felicitacions a vous!
    c’est incroyable lire de tas de messages from all over the world
    je suis à Lima, au Pérou.
    ma chere garance, tu nous fais sourire, tu nous donnes un tres belle regarde de la vie.

je vais essayer de faire une vidéo
    question: on peut le faire en SPAGNOL
    merci, je t’embrasse tres tres fort

• Iretak May, 10 2012, 4:01 / Reply

I just want to tell you that you are my mentor. Truly. I look at you for inspiration and motivation towards my own photography. You are creating your life and that is so amazing to me…I want that for myself! So again, I want to tell you that (without knowing it), you are mentoring me.

I truly admire your business savy and also how you have hustled to carve out a space for yourself in the industry. You have really inspired me to launch my photography and not make any more excuses. Thank you so much for putting yourself out there, from a personal perspective I really appreciate it so much. And congratulations on all the accomplishments!

• irosis May, 10 2012, 5:51 / Reply

Félicitations… et merci de nous faire partager les tendances et les jolies images… C’est ma pause mode et detente du soir souvent… et j’essaie de m’approprier les tendances qui me plaisent…. Merci merci merci… Je suis en partie d’origine corse mais je n’y vis pas. J’espère que tu auras une vidéo qui vient de la région.
    Bizous

• Rosa May, 10 2012, 8:37 / Reply

Félicitations! You both deserve it so much! I love, love you guys! I’ll send a video pretty soon!

• ainhoa May, 11 2012, 4:01 / Reply

ça y est, envoyé, au secours…:))))

• Elisa Boelle May, 11 2012, 5:24 / Reply

Il faut obligatoirement parler ?

• jeanne de montpel May, 11 2012, 8:22 / Reply

laissez-moi m’échauffer, et ensuite, j’envoie
    let me warm up and… go !

• SabinaSabina May, 11 2012, 11:30 / Reply

Congrats from Germany. I have just discovered your blog recently but besides Scott’s it has become a regular source of inspiration and the sharing of beauty for me. I will try the video thing:)))

• hélène May, 12 2012, 1:22 / Reply

ma photos préférée the sartorialist, élégante, romantique, masculin féminin, moderne et en même temps hors du temps!!! ça a été mon fond d’ecran pendant ces longs mois d’hiver ;-)

• Stine Riis May, 12 2012, 9:08 / Reply

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

• Nicole May, 12 2012, 9:56 / Reply

Congratulations! I love your blog , it’s a source of inspiration. I followed your advice on stop using tap water and my skin looks almost perfect now! Cheers

• Olivia May, 12 2012, 11:10 / Reply

It’s amazing!! Congratulation to both of you! You really deserve it, you’re an amazing couple! :)
    And you’re blog is fantastic as usual! :D

• Palristempslibre May, 12 2012, 11:14 / Reply

Felicitations a vous 2! Itis well deserved!
    Xo

• june May, 12 2012, 7:42 / Reply

Une récompense méritée ! On te soutient de Bretagne

• Frédérique May, 13 2012, 6:43 / Reply

félicitations à vous deux !
    je ne sais pas si je serais capable de faire une vidéo
    mais ta requête pose question
    pourquoi est-ce que je reviens toujours voir ton blog ?
    outre l’accessibilité que tu nous offres à un certain monde de la mode, je dirais que ce qui caractérise ton style est une certaine grâce
    alors merci & bon week end !!

• Marina May, 13 2012, 6:55 / Reply

Hi Garance,

Congratulations! It’s so well deserved. you are both such great fotographers and communicators!

One question:
    Can the video be less than 30 seconds? mine is 15 secs short…;-)

Bisous

• Lucieli Rosa May, 15 2012, 7:03 / Reply

Isso tudo é maravilhoso, parabéns para os dois!!!

Voces me inspiram a amar cada vez mais as pessoas!!! :)))

Beijos, Beijos e beijos!!!

• Lia May, 17 2012, 4:10 / Reply

Of course I will do this for you!!!! After all the inspiration you send our way, how could I say no?!!

• Florence May, 21 2012, 2:57 / Reply

Bonjour Garance

j’ai qqs photos de vous:
    - avec vos amies rencontrées aux tuileries pendant la derniere fashionweek ,
    - à l’apple store

et 1 photo de Scott schuman (aux halles freyssinet , pour un défilé Sonia Rykiel)

mais vous recherchez plutôt des videos ?

Je suis sure qu’il y a une fashionista (au moins à Ajaccio) qui connait le cours Napoleon, la librairie rue Fech ….et Garance Doré !!!
    A bientôt