Nostalgia

DKNY

DKNY

In my junior high days, I was convinced that nothing was cooler than wearing a DKNY tee shirt to school (PS: thanks Mom for making me feel cool!!)…

So when I heard Opening Ceremony was re-issuing some of the iconic pieces from DKNY in the 90s, I couldn’t help but feel a little nostalgic…

Wearing DKNY felt edgy, cool and so very New York (whatever that means for an 11-year-old in Minnesota).
There are a few pieces I would love to get my hands on from this new collection but in the meantime, I might have to dig out my old skyline tee…

Were you a DKNY fan in the 90s? What do you think of the re-issued collection?

• Shopping Cart : Skater Girl
    Shopping Cart :...
  • Spring Trends…Shirting
    Spring...
  • Resort Trends… Lace
    Resort Trends…...
  • Weekend Inspiration #92
    Weekend Inspiration...

• Camilla February, 5 2013, 5:44 / Reply

… so cool! I’m such a 90s girl myself .. spend all my teenage years in those days! NKOTB, Nike Air, MC Hammer, 90201 … you name it! ;)

xo Cam

@somekindofstyle

• andreea February, 5 2013, 5:44

opening ceremony seems to not be able to make one wrong movement :)

• Coretta February, 5 2013, 6:09 / Reply

NY from DKNY made me dream, and still does actually! :-)

??? PARIS-NEW YORK FASHION BLOG! ???
    THE DEEP BLUE CORY Fashion blog
    THE DEEP BLUE CORY Facebook Page
    Cheers! Cory

• Tian February, 5 2013, 6:13 / Reply

That’s absolutely amazing!

aspiringforever.blogspot.com

• Myfanwy February, 5 2013, 6:22 / Reply

Haha! I absolutely had a DKNY t-shirt that was sizes too big but that I wore constantly!

• ines February, 5 2013, 6:46 / Reply

Graaaaaave!! C’est trop cool de faire ca

• Debbie February, 5 2013, 7:03 / Reply

I just remember the amazingly huge DKNY Skyline image/logo on a skyscraper in New York. It was there forever it seemed – you just couldn’t miss it. I don’t like wearing the logo as much as some of the other classic pieces. She does classics very well. My initials are also DK & the joke is DKNY really stands for “this belongs to Debbie King – Not You!” At least we think it’s kind of funny.

blog: http://www.intrigueimports.wordpress.com

• Colony February, 5 2013, 7:55 / Reply

I went to Europe for the first time in the 90′s.
    In Italy I wanted to buy 1 thing… An Italian leather handbag… How I left Italy with a nylon DKNY backpack bag is beyond me! Yes, I was obsessed w DKNY!

• JaguarPaw February, 5 2013, 8:01 / Reply

J’ai toujours aimer DKNY. Le collection 90s est tres bien fait et porte une sense de la nostalgie, mais ou sont les pieces flannel?? Ebay a plein des choses vintage et pas cher.

• Maria February, 5 2013, 8:55 / Reply

Yep! Big fan…. Loved the sweaters… Y mom called it “dinky” and so did I ….hahahhaha!

• isabel February, 6 2013, 2:54 / Reply

i remember we bought one like those in the 90s in america, i was so proud, but in belgium nobody of my friend knew who donna karan was… haha

• THE STEL STYLE February, 6 2013, 3:24 / Reply

ooohhh yeeesss DKNY tee shirt was so cool in my school too!!!

• katie February, 6 2013, 3:38 / Reply

love love love this post :) reminds me of the PMF chanel show episode… it’s great to get a peek into who Alex and Emily are as people! also reminds me of how Scott always talks about the “young fashion editor who wears vintage, Am apparel and one piece of Dries”– there’s a contrast there with Garance and it gives the blog a whole new dynamic.

• Anna February, 6 2013, 4:11 / Reply

Perhaps it’s because I’m older than you Garance…..I flatly refused to wear anything with a logo back in the nineties, saying that if I was going to be a walking advertisement for someone, they should be paying me a premium price, not the other way around! And still today – logos or monograms? No Thanks.

• Eva February, 6 2013, 6:18 / Reply

I wasn’t a fan on anything in the 90′s! I wasn’t into fashion back then and to insecure to have an own style. But when I see this photo I think I love the collection ;) xx

ENTER MY GIVEAWAY

• frout February, 6 2013, 6:39 / Reply

even in corsica DKNY was an obsession on the 90′s.
    i think i still have my hoodies somewhere…..merci maman !

• alexia February, 6 2013, 7:53 / Reply

retour en arrière! J’avais ce t-shirt, mon frère me l’avait rapporté des US!!! Ohhh je l’ai jeté depuis quel dommage maintenant que j’y repense!! En plus il était sans manches hyper bien coupé.

• Natasha Shaloshvili Illustrator February, 6 2013, 8:27 / Reply

I grew in the 90′s in Ukraine, so I knew DKNY and the fact that’s COOL, but had no opportunity to wear it. I still love this brend and now I can wear it and feel same happy as you in 11-year-old :)

• Mathilde February, 6 2013, 9:17 / Reply

Quand j’etais au college, j’avais un mini-sort en jean DKNY avec une sorte de pan de tissu par-devant, du coup, ca ressemblait a une mini-jupe. Bon, en vrai c’etait a ma soeur, mais on l’adorerait toutes les deux !! Mon seul souci : je ne savais absolument pas prononcer le nom de cette marque alors completement inconnue. Si mes souvenirs sont bons, ce short-jupe DKNY etait vendu sur le catalogue La Redoute (moins glamour certes ;)

• Gabrielle February, 6 2013, 10:55 / Reply

My mother bought me DKNY stuff as a kid. I was too young to be really brand aware, but I remember this white metallic bomber jacket with a reflective DKNY logo :)

• Anne February, 7 2013, 4:59 / Reply

J’avoue ne rien connaitre du DKNY des années 1990 mais j’adore ce qu’ils font en ce moment et c’était ma marque préférée pendant que je vivais à New York (en plus j’avais leur boutique juste à côté de chez moi, la cata pour le porte-monnaie!). C’est tellement dommage qu’on les trouve pas en France :-(

• Brittiny February, 9 2013, 12:57 / Reply

I am very much so a fan! I remember for my first day of 8th grade my Mom had brought me a DKNY wind breaker skirt and matching vest with one of those DKNY logo tees! You could tell me nothing lol!

• Fen February, 10 2013, 3:42 / Reply

Oooh quelle super nouvelle !

Mon premier achat toute seule, c’était une jupe DKNY.
    Je devais avoir 8 ans je crois ! J’avais lu dans un magazine que c’était la marque du moment alors j’ai acheté cette jupe juste juste pour l’étiquette >.<
    Je l'ai usé et porter de manière tout aussi ridicule les unes que les autres hihi

• fanny October, 6 2013, 8:30 / Reply

waw! je sais pas pourquoi j’ai repensé aujourd’hui à mes fringues DKNY des années 90 et du coup je tombe là-dessus! merci c’est magique! ils avaient fait une collection pour enfant sur la Redoute et c’était tout à fait semblable à ça, il y avait une longue robe noir en lycra, qui ressemble à la blanche et puis un hoodie blanc très court, bref c’était la classe et je suis bien triste de ne plus avoir ces fringues!