The Chanel show is always a crowd pleaser…
It’s also a good place to pick up some lessons in styling because as we know, Karl is all about the details.
So as Jay-Z’s “Picasso Baby” played on, I took some serious notes on what I was seeing on the runway. Here are a few style lessons I learned at Chanel…
1. Two bags are always better than one.
2. Don’t be afraid to show a little shoulder.
3. Tie your sweater around your waist…or your neck…wear it any way you want.
4. Pearls on pearls on pearls.
5. Socks + heels. Do it.
6. Hands in your pockets at all times. (Not really a styling trick, not really practical, but you look cooler.) Also, is that a dickie? Remember when we talked about dickies?!
7. Tag your bag. Graffiti logo mania is where it’s at.
8. Be an artist. Ditch the beret and go for a Chanel portfolio instead.
9. Ask yourself, WWKD (What Would Karl Do?)