chloe-slides-2

I’m the girl who wants to buy a coat in October, when it starts to get cold, and a pair of sandals in May, when it gets warm and I want to show off my new pedi.
NORMAL, NO?

Well, no. If you follow the fashion calendar, you should buy your coat in August, when you’re laying like a dead bug on the beach, and your sandals now, in February, when the only thing the weather allows are duck boots (total exaggeration, I’m in Paris right now and it’s literaly spring, but you see what I mean).

After much complaining and shopping fails, “Sorry what? That Stella mini skirt? We’ve sold out in March, of course !!!” and hating on the system (haters gonna hate, it doesn’t change anything) I’ve decided to get better and spot the things I will want a few months before I actually want to wear them.

And I’ve decided to share them with you, too. I’m calling it Now Or Never. Because, ya know, fashion is always better when it sounds dramatic.

Now, or Never #1: Those amazing Chloé slides.

May or may not buy, but definitely going to check the (beautiful, amazing) Paris store tomorrow to make up my mind. Do you say go?

• She Did It Again
    She Did It Again
  • Details from Mykonos
    Details from Mykonos
  • Valise d’été
    Valise d’été
  • Denim Days
    Denim Days

• Terry February, 24 2014, 4:24 / Reply

Votre question est rhétorique. Bien sûr, vous devriez aller à Chloé! Ces mules sont très mignons et semblent à l’aise. Essayez-les sur!

• andreea February, 24 2014, 4:24

no way! never! but they do remind me of that vionet belt that i love! :)

• Jessica Rose February, 24 2014, 4:28 / Reply

I only buy something when I need it regardless of the season!

• ChamaFashion February, 24 2014, 4:30 / Reply

They’re so pretty!
    XO CHAMAFASHION

• Erica M February, 24 2014, 4:32 / Reply

Those are some beautiful slides, I say go!

Erica’s Edition

• Birdy& Bambi February, 24 2014, 4:33 / Reply

They are so so beautiful!!!

Love from Germany,

Birdy and Bambi

• novella @ 9lla.it February, 24 2014, 4:34 / Reply

NOW! For sure!
    I love them!

A fashion & DIY blog…

• Kahena Ben Achour February, 24 2014, 4:51 / Reply

Franchement, Garance, il aurait mieux valu un “never” qu’un un”now” :-) Désolée, ces choses me font penser aux qabqab (mules, version maghrébine) de ma grand-mère . Et encore, celles de ma grand-mère était en bois et nacre ! http://azititou.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/0acomqabqab1.jpg

• Shade of Red February, 24 2014, 4:58 / Reply

Definitely a “now” buy! Well done.

• Suze February, 24 2014, 4:58 / Reply

Nooo, the black cushions are not cute! The colour is super lovely though.

I like this new category :) Especially because I had such a moment yesterday. Wanted to buy a cardigan I’m sure will be sold out soon. But am totally not sure how and if I’m gonna wear it this Summer (it’s very heavy and woolly). And I haven’t really exactly developed my Spring/Summer wardrobe yet, so I need some more time! Ahhh. :)

• Eva February, 24 2014, 5:03 / Reply

Absolutely GO!!! Xx

• clem February, 24 2014, 5:07 / Reply

c’est vrai qu’elles sont chouettes…mais bon 595 euros c’est peut être un peu abusé non ? un mois de loyer pour des tongs ça fait mal ! un sac à la rigueur…

• Bodil Loïs February, 24 2014, 5:10 / Reply

They are great :)

• Ness February, 24 2014, 5:30 / Reply

Il y a des copies chez Zara :)

• Gigi February, 24 2014, 5:41 / Reply

Franchement, elles sont super jolies.

• Sophie B. February, 24 2014, 5:52 / Reply

Damn, I know the feeling! But, you know, go and buy. In may there will be another ‘must have’ pair!

• ziloa February, 24 2014, 6:04 / Reply

Elles sont très mignonnes, mais je n’achèterai pas des chloé. Après tout, ça reste des mules et elles n’ont rien de très Créateur en elles (tu sais, ce petit quelque chose qui crie Talent). Quitte à acheter du chloé pour cet été, prend une pièce plus marquante et durable :-)

• Q February, 24 2014, 6:06 / Reply

They are beautiful…. however how much will you wear them G?… and will you wear them in seasons too come??… I wanted the white version but they are a pretty penny and there are loads out there… ok maybe not Chloe… but still nice and will serve the purpose. … for me?… I don’t throw cash at something that is not a timeless piece….. equally if YOU really want them and know you will wear them in years too come.. then go for it.x

• Fan February, 24 2014, 6:08 / Reply

Oh… des mules, alors ça y est je crois que tu es une VRAIE américaine maintenant! ;) Pour moi ce sera never…
    bisous

• Ryry February, 24 2014, 6:46 / Reply

J’adhère au concept :) le zip de ma veste est mort, je cherche un manteau…et bien c’est impossible à trouver maintenant.

Ces ..mules… never pour moi, mais on a pas les même goûts ;)

• WENDY February, 24 2014, 6:46

I agree! Never! this pair is only nice to look at but not to wear.

• moustachic February, 24 2014, 7:13 / Reply

those are sooo pretty
    similar to the jeffrey campbell ones in black x

• Erin February, 24 2014, 9:43 / Reply

I say go for it.

• i February, 24 2014, 9:46 / Reply

£475 ? wow. just, wow.

• Oonagh February, 24 2014, 10:38 / Reply

No. Wait. You will have forgotten you own them by May. Also, if you wait, you’ll probably see something you like more.
    I have sometimes regretted buying things early as later versions were better – and cheaper!

• Maa February, 25 2014, 1:10 / Reply

Ahlala des mules !…!
    J’ai tellement donné entre 97 et 2000 que désormais ce sera NEVER AGAIN !!!
    Si au moins elles étaient mignonnes mais même pas…

• anne February, 25 2014, 1:42 / Reply

j’adore !! super jolie ces sandales !!

• Mafalda February, 25 2014, 2:16 / Reply

Je les trouve vraiment très belles Garance, mais il est clair que le prix risque d’être moins séduisant! Moi je fais un peu le contraire de ce qu’il faut faire, j’achète des manteaux en mai (on parle de basiques) et des t-shirts en février, car les prix sont hyper intéressants… Sinon il est clair que je suis le temps pour acheter des choses, je ne pense pas aux sandales en ce moment… J’attends juste la paire de mules à talons de mes rêves, vu que je ne peux pas me payer des Wang.
    Mafalda

• silviouche February, 25 2014, 3:03 / Reply

elles sont à un prix un peu trop élevées, pur des claquettes de piscine en néopréne

• Hanneke February, 25 2014, 3:17 / Reply

Yep that’s the way it works. As a designer I’m used to live/think multiple seasons ahead. I already scored my summer slippers and can’t wait to wear them :) xo Hanneke

Check out my personal style blog http://www.hannekeverstegen.com

• Jennifer D. February, 25 2014, 3:33 / Reply

This year I also decided to buy my sunglasses during the cold Winter months… which I normally do during the summer when it’s too late because I already needed them a gazillion times. I guess 2014 is all about being on time :D
    But those sandals… no.

Jennifer
    The White Studio

• annaqs February, 25 2014, 3:34 / Reply

I have 2 simple rules for shopping:
    1. do I loooooove it?
    2. is it better than what I’m wearing right now (or a similar item I already have)? This one is a quality upward spiral ;)

If yes and yes, I always buy, before it sells out. Also, I don’t spend too much! The second rule keeps me from buying all the stuff :)

And anyway, in the middle of super beautiful summer on a beach, will it matter you bought slides in February?

• MUST C&W February, 25 2014, 4:01 / Reply

Hello Garance! I totally agree! I also hate this fashion disconnection with real weather! :) Who can buy some sandals in winter when it is freezing in NY or Paris! Crazy!

But…If you love them, buy them now!! Don´t wait! You will love to re-discover the sandals in 2-3 months in your closet just ready for summer time! :)

Buy the way if you are having problems finding any luxury product you love let me know!!! I have a luxury concierge company! We find and buy luxury products !!

This is my web http://www.mustclickandwish.com

Love

LB

• Frédérique Chartrand February, 25 2014, 4:17 / Reply

Elles sont jolies sur le présentoir mais portées, sur la photo de Net-a-Porter, je ne suis pas certaine que cela fasse un beau pied et une belle silhouette. Enfin, c’est mon humble avis…

• Sophia February, 25 2014, 4:19 / Reply

Definitely get them. These and the Isabel Marrant pair are the must have footwear pieces for this season – they’re gorgeous! For girls who can’t afford these bad boys you should check out Stine Goya, she does some similar.

• Marie February, 25 2014, 4:20 / Reply

Pardon mais là je ne peux pas m’en empêcher.

Donc 600 euros c’est devenu normal pour une paire de claquettes ?????

Là vraiment je ne peux pas.

Par ailleurs je trouve ça objectivement “à la mode” oui, mais pas franchement élégant…

600 euros c’est un loyer. Pour des claquettes ? Qu’on va porter dans l’appart, parce que c’est pas vraiment ce qu’on prend avec pour se les faire voler à la plage.

Ce commentaire ne va marquer personne et se perdre dans les autres, mais je trouve qu’il serait peut être temps de réagir. C’est un loyer.

• Flore February, 25 2014, 4:20

Marie, ma première pensée a été la même que toi (“quelle indécence!”) puis ma deuxième pensée a été la même que celle de Garance (no jugement, chacun ses priorités selon son budget). Oui on évolue, quand le salaire augmente, les valeurs aussi, ça va de soit, et c’est le principe de l’Economie je crois… On n’est pas en plein communisme. Bon bien sûr je ne peux m’empêcher de trouver dommage que le prix participe aussi à la valeur de ce qu’on peut trouver “beau”.
    Mais rapide leçon de calcul:
    Imaginons que tu as un loyer à 600€ et que Garance a un loyer à 6000€ (tout ceci fonction du salaire, mais sachant que je m’imagine bien Garance millionnaire, ou semi-millionnaire…). Garance veut mettre 600 € dans des pompes, soit 1/10ième de son loyer. Donc proportionnellement toi tu pourrais mettre 60€ dans tes pompes. Ca te paraît si indécent et improbable de mettre 1/10ième de ton loyer dans un coup de coeur??? (Enfin pour ceux qui n’ont qu’un budget de 60€ par mois pour la bouffe oui ça le serait…).
    Bref. Sinon j’aime pas les mules, de manière générale, les têtes de mule non plus d’ailleurs.

• ana February, 25 2014, 4:24 / Reply

Avec des mules il et impossible de marcher correctement, je sais pas vous…

• juliette February, 25 2014, 5:12 / Reply

I always buy my stuff early, including some great chunky slides 3 weeks ago in wet, wet, wet London. And a coat in Aug… because you are ready when the weather changes and get a full season out of the investment. Those slides are just lovely.

• virginie/mode9 February, 25 2014, 5:13 / Reply

J’en pense qu’il y en a déjà une copie chez Zara, et que 500 euros pour des claquettes c’est un peu too much, mais bon je dis ça, je ne dis rien !! :-)

• Blog de Tiphaine February, 25 2014, 5:28 / Reply

Elles sont mignones mais dures à porter non ? Et la bande en métal me rappelle beaucoup certains escarpins de la saison dernière, YSL je crois !

• Garance February, 25 2014, 5:42 / Reply

Chère Marie, je réponds souvent à cette question, mais ça ne me dérange pas de le faire encore une fois.
    Le prix des choses a une signification différente pour chaque personne à différents stades de leur vie. J’ai des lecteurs qui sont étudiants et n’ont pas les moyens de se payer une paire de tongs qui comme tu le dis, coûte un loyer. Mais aussi des amoureuses de la mode qui ont des budgets plus importants. Je ne juge ni les uns ni les autres.

J’essaye de présenter des choses à tous les prix sans jugement de valeur, la seule chose qui m’intéresse c’est : est-ce qu’elles m’inspirent ?

• Alba B. February, 25 2014, 6:03 / Reply

No, forget about them, go straight to WINTER THINGS. What was seen during the previous Fashion Weeks and what you are going to see in Paris.
    Personally I want all the Final Outfits of Dolce & Gabbana…

• Andy February, 25 2014, 6:31 / Reply

Absolutely gorgeous! Go!

• FashionAndMovies February, 25 2014, 6:57 / Reply

Even if it was snowy it would be difficult to resist the urge to buy those Chloe Sandals…they’re gorgeous!

• mari February, 25 2014, 7:15 / Reply

Honestly I’m just not sure about slippers worn as REGULAR SHOES… I mean, I am always a bit “yes but no”
    As I am into a phase where I am being more adventurous about fashion I’d say “yes”, but in reality, they just look too much like pool slippers from a sports shop.
    I need to develop my fashion sense a bit more and come back :)
    Mari

• 40 and so what February, 25 2014, 7:50 / Reply

Tu as tellement raison ! Tout est fait à l’enfer, et on ne s’y retrouve plus avec les saisons. Si ces sandales sont ravissantes, elles ne me font ni chaud ni froid, moi qui revient du ski. je suis encore dans une ambiance neige et pistes de ski ! Alors l’été en hiver et l’hiver en été de la mode, c’est bon pour ceux qui vivent dans l’hémisphère sud !!!

• Sevan February, 25 2014, 8:13 / Reply

Je me demandais ce que c’etait ! J’aime la couleur de la semelle mais le reste ? Ce serait un “never” pour moi.

• Cécile February, 25 2014, 8:14 / Reply

NO WAY I REPEAT NO WAY
    Elles sont belles comme ça, bien photographiées et mis en scène, mais portées c’est un peu immonde non ?!
    Ou c’est parce que c’est Chloé et que les matériaux utilisés sont plus ou moins nobles et très beaux ?
    BTW le tout me fait penser à des mules de piscines arena de mon prof de natation en 4e.
    Concernant ta réponse au sujet du prix je suis d’accord je suis une petite étudiante en droit des médias, mais je me saigne pour un beau sac à main dès que je peux. On ne se juge pas.

Seulement rien que le fait de se poser la question si elles t’inspirent ou non , je crois que la réponse est déjà donnée.
    no no no.
    Bref , sinon des vidéos de la semaine des créateurs rigolotes ou bien ?

• Jessica February, 25 2014, 8:33 / Reply

Quelque chose me dérange, mais quoi ?!

Elles restent jolies néanmoins :)

xx.

• MedinMode February, 25 2014, 8:35 / Reply

J’aime beaucoup la couleur ! Ça donne envie d’arriver (enfin) au printemps ! Mais en attendant j’ai encore un peu de mal à anticiper” avec autant d’avance ce que je porterai pour la saison suivante (printemps/été).

• Rocío Conesa February, 25 2014, 8:48 / Reply

Les plus belles sandales sont en hiver et les plus beaux manteaux en été (quand en Espagne seulement les mettre donne de l’urticaire) C’est absolument contre nature, mais je l’adore (ça donne envie de les porter tout le temps! N’est-ce pas?

• Laëti February, 25 2014, 8:58 / Reply

Hello,

Je suis fan :p

A , Laëti

• Mariam February, 25 2014, 9:12 / Reply

Zara fait un modele qui ressemble assez a cela, en a peu pres 10 fois moins cher…pour une simple pair de mules ca vaut le coup d’y penser!

• Lili February, 25 2014, 9:16 / Reply

Je les trouve très belles, mais portées elles donnent un effet mule de piscine assez perturbant

• jessica February, 25 2014, 9:35 / Reply

I wish I was like you on the footwear, but I just do not love sandals. Uh oh.
    Your Friend, Jess

• juli February, 25 2014, 10:15 / Reply

Ghastly! They look like something you should wear to and from the pedicure and NOWHERE else!

What the heck is the strange little eye-patch thingy?

No love for these….

• Elaine February, 25 2014, 10:24 / Reply

If you do buy them at $840 a pair you should wear them every day from now until October.

• APM February, 25 2014, 10:31 / Reply

Never, Never, Never. Non mais des mules, vraiment ?
    Elles ne sont pas sublimes du tout, elles sont à la rigueur “passable”, elle ressemble vraiment à des claquettes de maître nageur alors non non non ce n’est pas achetable ! (Enfin pour moi, après je respecte les gens en achetant :))

• anna February, 25 2014, 10:50 / Reply

why would you ever pay $900 for a pair of shoes like this.

• judi February, 25 2014, 11:50 / Reply

I love this “now or never” i never buy fashion at the right time and I’m always scrambling ! Not lovin these slides but there are so many out there now… The temp in NYC was -4 this morning ! Ouch

• Amelied February, 25 2014, 12:05 / Reply

…et un beau jour, les mots “Claquettes en néoprène à ornements” devinrent associés à quelque chose de cool et de chic !
    Ça me rappelle un exercice d’Anglais à la fac, où on s’était donné le challenge de citer Cork dans tous les exposés. A la prochaine réunion au boulot, j’essaie de placer “Claquette en néoprène” ! :)

• hasty February, 25 2014, 12:43 / Reply

they are too ugly, sorry

• Charlotte February, 25 2014, 1:00 / Reply

NEVER!
    La Birkenstock je veux bien, mais la mule va trop loin! :)

• Gabriella February, 25 2014, 1:33 / Reply

Garance, you are so dramatic! ;)

• Marie February, 25 2014, 3:23 / Reply

Go, Go, Go!
    Gros bisous, Marie

• lola February, 25 2014, 3:24 / Reply

Leur prix est vraiment indécent !

• E February, 25 2014, 3:31 / Reply

j’aime quand tes “découvertes” de trendsetteuese provoquent des réactions si radicalement bipolar-la je m’amuse lire les commentaires:)
    je trouve que marcher avec des mules c’est pas le max de la commodité-au moins pour moi

• Lynda February, 25 2014, 4:18 / Reply

Go!!!

• Lynn February, 25 2014, 6:07 / Reply

So literally no one thinks that the way they put the black stuff in the sandals to shoot this picture is actually harming the beauty?

• juli February, 25 2014, 6:07

Nope — click the link….the black pads are actually there….

• Ana February, 25 2014, 6:58 / Reply

Not for me. Too expensive, also. And Zara has some similars.

• Rachel February, 26 2014, 3:30 / Reply

I always have this issue! If I buy something early I always see something better when it actually gets to the season so I’m trying not to do that anymore. There will still be sandals in Summer :) x

• Beauty Follower February, 26 2014, 3:59 / Reply

I saw the other day similar in Zara.
    Love them!

• Zaza of Geneva February, 26 2014, 5:23 / Reply

Claquer 611 Euros pour des mules en néoprène juste parce que c’est écrit “Chloé” dessus ??!!???? NO WAY !! Bon, à part ça, chacun claque son fric comme il/elle veut.

• Agnes February, 26 2014, 8:31 / Reply

I do think these are pretty and if you have the money and LOVE them, why not. HOWEVER, my issue is that if I buy something WAY before I’m going to wear them, by the time it’s time to wear them.. I am bored!! Before I even started! Am I flighty, maybe. I would be afraid I’d be sick of them, changed my taste, didn’t want them anymore, if I waited so long to wear them. Desole!

• Manon February, 26 2014, 2:57 / Reply

A force d’anticiper je finis par renouveler ma garde-robe d’été lors des soldes d’hiver: pratique& économique!!

• Marie February, 26 2014, 3:17 / Reply

Pas mon style, mais je ne suis pas objective, je ne suis pas très mules… Mais j’aime bcp la couleur verte de ces Chloé :)

• kelland February, 26 2014, 4:00 / Reply

YES YES YES!! Slides are sporty, feminine, international, tom-boy, laid-back chic, all at once. My ultimate favorites are the original Adidas – they can’t look bad.

• M. February, 27 2014, 4:21 / Reply

I’m coming late here and you might have bought them already but it’s plain silly to pay that much for these. I can get a pair of hand-made shoes for not much more than this. There’s not much to them. After flopping and flapping about in them for a week or so you will wish you had your money back. Guaranteed.

• Florence February, 27 2014, 12:00 / Reply

Pas ma claque-tte! À moins d’être invitée à un mariage à Dubai ou à Delhi.
    Quitte à faire dans la mule de luxe je préfère les birenstock à poil Céline…;)

• Vish March, 2 2014, 2:33 / Reply

Slides aside, can someone explain to me why the fashion bloggers wear bare feet and legs in winter. That trend is so annoying and inappropriate. I can understand if you are inside the venue, but walking out and about in the street when you have to make the most of the winter clothes ?

• MarieG March, 5 2014, 8:44 / Reply

OK, la mode est un éternel recommencement, les pattes d’éléphant deviennent des flares, on revoit des robes des fifties, ou du grunge, ou du punk, mais pourrait-on faire une exception pour les mules en public ? Elles donnent vraiment une démarche trop laide
    Bel après-midi