dries-van-notes-fw14_garance-dore_2_EDITED

I’m having one of those weeks months where I just really need a change. I’m especially bored of my hair. Do I want to cut it? Go blonde? Go blue? Something! Anything! Help!

Okay, maybe I’m being a little bit dramatic but I am really feeling the faux bobs at the Dries Van Noten show.

All the look requires is a braid along the nape of the neck and some strategically placed bobby pins to hold it all in place. This should keep me satisifed while I continue to debate whether or not I should go Kim Kardashian blonde…

• Beach Blonde
    Beach Blonde
  • Le Ballet Dries
    Le Ballet Dries
  • Travel Beauty
    Travel Beauty
  • Inspirations, Dries Van Noten
    Inspirations, Dries...

• Mafalda March, 1 2014, 9:17 / Reply

C’est très joli! Allez, vas-y, tente le blond, j’étais aussi brune que toi et j’ai le teint mat et je suis blonde, tout est possible!
    Mafalda

• andreea March, 1 2014, 9:17

it’s one of those “do it today for free” things! :)

• gillymusing March, 1 2014, 9:28 / Reply

That’s what happens when you cut your hair! Grow it back and rock n roll.

• Patty March, 1 2014, 9:48 / Reply

I loved it!
    I’m posting looks from Los Angeles and accessories:

• Q March, 1 2014, 10:15 / Reply

Alex, go to a wig shop and play with hair!… that’s what I do before any drastic change!… its fun and it will give you the best idea about what you REALLY want.x

• Bambi March, 1 2014, 11:42 / Reply

Totally in favour of faux bobs!!!

A beautiful weekend to you and a bookish request:

Love from Germany,

Bambi

• veronica March, 1 2014, 12:00 / Reply

Great look, love it!
    Passa a trovarmi VeryFP

• Nitabiti.blogspot.com March, 1 2014, 1:38 / Reply

I always so indecisive when it comes to changes!
    it takes me forever to decide if i do want to change anything at all!
    but then i usually make changes without thinking in a blink of an eye!
    Nitabiti

• Anna March, 1 2014, 2:41 / Reply

Garance, grow your hair back!

• Natalie March, 1 2014, 3:17 / Reply

My first ever comment: Let your hair grow back!!

• Carol March, 1 2014, 3:28 / Reply

Do yourself a huge favour and never follow Kardashian in terms of style.

• Monsieur J March, 1 2014, 4:52 / Reply

ALEX NE CHANGE RIEN!!!
    Je suis pas coiffeur visagiste mais je te vois pas autrement que comme tu es…

• Sevan March, 1 2014, 5:29 / Reply

Pourquoi ne pas essayer quelques perruques pour se faire une idee ?
    Par contre, j’adore les chemises blanches style romantique portees comme sur cette photo.

• virginie/mode9 March, 1 2014, 5:32 / Reply

Attention Garance est en train de déteindre sur toi (avec ses errances capillaires) :-)) !!

• SwedishStockings March, 1 2014, 7:25 / Reply

I think you should do whatever you feel at the moment. After all, it’s just hair. It will grow back! :)

• Bernadette March, 2 2014, 1:44 / Reply

Hi G, As you love a red lip – why not some bright dark red colour on your back length ends – would be such a great profile and back view look for you, non? As you wouldn’t really see it from the front – not too overwhelming or distracting for others when speaking with you … insouciance for you as not “in yr face” every time you see your reflection. B
    PS That’s the downside of short hair right – so few options compared to longer (out, tie back …) but the short cut really does suit you.

• Clara March, 2 2014, 5:26 / Reply

please DON’T grow your hair back! short looks amazing on you! so tomboy and effortless!! if I were you I would keep it short, no doubt

• natalie March, 2 2014, 7:02 / Reply

it’s written by Alex, not Garance.

• Kathleen March, 2 2014, 1:58 / Reply

Hi Alex, so funny, and I can relate! We love our long hair for its supposedly superior versatility but I suspect many of us get in a rut with it, with all the attendant feelings of boredom and exasperation you describe. I just checked out the pictures of those faux bobs at the DVN show. I’ll just say I think they work well to focus attention on the clothes lol! To me they seem fussy and messy all at once, and the barrette in back is just funky. I’m far more happy with a low chignon, like in the picture you posted of Carolyn Trentini (was that your subconscious hair aspiration at work?!) and today on the model wearing the Balenciaga coat. I work those into my weekly rhythm to help avoid too frequent washing and keep it interesting: Bun while drying on day 1 for loose waves, wear it down first 1-3 days with some dry shampoo or powder on the roots on day 3, ponytail or chignon days 4-6 depending on what I’m doing. Keeps that good natural oil working for you with a minimum ick factor. And when all else fails and I really need something fresh, I visit my stylist between cuts for her special blow out and flat-iron curls. They’re fun and last forever and remind me of why I like long hair. Cheers!

• Colleen March, 3 2014, 2:14 / Reply

I love this hair idea! A great way to see if you really want to cut your hair. I just recently cut my hair in an angled bob, love it!

I recently posted on my blog how to achieve the super sleek pony tails we are seeing and an interview with French hairstylist on the latest hair trends.