from the beauty closet

Brow Magic

Brow Magic

Brows, meet your new best friend.

When Tatyana was at the Studio, she busted out one of these Stila brow pens and I watched her work some serious brow magic. Fuller, thicker, darker, perfect brows from one little pen. I’m telling you.

I’ve got this weird little empty spot on my right brow (must’ve over-plucked in my sleep…) and this helps to fill it in perfectly. The tip is super fine, so you can really draw a few hairs back into place and no one will ever notice!

Full brows, full life as they say…

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color is available in light, medium and dark.

• The Mask
    The Mask
  • Play Your Part
    Play Your Part
  • Wipe Out
    Wipe Out
  • Overnight Sensation
    Overnight Sensation

• Liz March, 11 2014, 5:46 / Reply

I’ve never tried brown

• andreea March, 11 2014, 5:46

i could totally try this crayon: it sounds useful! :)

• Elisa March, 11 2014, 6:12 / Reply

Great, as always!

xoxo,
    My Fantabulous World

• carole March, 11 2014, 6:36 / Reply

Hi Alex i have been looking for a smudge proof long wear eyeliner jet black…..Maybelline unstoppable eyeliner!! onyx… automatic and thin…under $10 …also comes in other colors

• Pauline March, 11 2014, 11:37 / Reply

I’ve always used a traditional brow pencils for my brows but recently discovered the Anastasai Brow Pomade. I use it to fill in the brows after tracing it with pencil. It’s pretty good. It’s described to be long wear and withstand humidity.

• Nicole March, 12 2014, 1:12 / Reply

I’ve never tried liquid brow liner, but it seems interesting enough!

xx Nicole

• The slow pace March, 12 2014, 6:18 / Reply

I have a little empty spot too!!! It came out of nowhere!!! I was calling it an X-File but now I fell better to read that it happens to other people… ;)
    xx,
    E.

• Caroline Dé March, 12 2014, 7:08 / Reply

J’aurais bien aimé voir ça en photo ! Mais je veux bien croire qu’une pointe aussi fine puisse faire des miracles…

Bisoux à l’équipe !

• Sevan March, 12 2014, 7:43 / Reply

“Sourcils fournis, vie epanouie”……J’adore !

• jane with the noisy terrier March, 12 2014, 8:38 / Reply

I’ve been a big fan of the Anastasia BrowWiz skinny pencil, the colors are perfect, topped with their clear brow gel. But lately, I’ve been LOVING the new Benefit Gimme Brows. It looks a lot like the Clinique mascara wand for bottom lashes. You just brush a bit through and Poof! Perfect, natural looking brows. As I get older, mine seem to get lighter and lighter and this is ideal when I can’t get to the Boom Boom Brow Bar in the West Village for a tint and shaping. And teeny tiny for your makeup bag too.

• Alex March, 12 2014, 8:38

Hi Jane! I also love love love Gimme Brow…and that Clinique bottom lash mascara! Tell me more about Boom Boom Brow?! xo Alex

• Nico March, 12 2014, 9:54 / Reply

Def I need it!

Fluffy sweater, trench, slippers on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

• Nathalie March, 12 2014, 11:11 / Reply

Ah il faudrait que j’essaye ca tout de suite alors

xo
    http;//livelifeamour.blogspot.com

• shani March, 12 2014, 11:25 / Reply

I’ve just invested in the SUQQU brow pen, which beauty bloggers swear by. Just waiting to finish my Anastasia Brow Wiz!

Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

• richele March, 12 2014, 1:20 / Reply

I have one of these I LOVE it!

• AuroreFromMorocco March, 13 2014, 12:22 / Reply

Je l’ai acheté lors de ma dernière visite à NYC en septembre dernier, il est SUPER TOP!
    Le seul problème : introuvable en France (non distribué) et je ne trouve pas de site qui le livre en France…. tellement frustrant ! bises

• Estelle March, 13 2014, 7:27 / Reply

Un conseil pour les sourcils blonds?

Any tips for blond brows?

XX

• Roslyn March, 13 2014, 1:42 / Reply

Excellent stuff! That well-worn path between my door and Sephora is largely your doing. Thanks!

• Madeline March, 23 2014, 7:47 / Reply

Does anybody have any recommendations for red heads? I have thick brows but they are relatively sparse (genetically blessed right here) and i find that few brands carry eyebrow tools that have a colour that match the warmth of my brows.

• Orangeufunny March, 23 2014, 7:47

The Anastasia line has a dip brow pomade in an auburn color. They also have a lighter beigy color for blonde brows. I bet if you are a darker red, the auburn would be perfect. If you are lighter coppery or strawberry, you perhaps could mix the two. You can get it straight from Anastasia or Ulta has them too.

• Erin May, 18 2014, 4:53 / Reply

I just bought this and I’m totally loving it! Thanks for the recommendation. Keep um coming.