from the beauty closet

Perle

Perle

I’ve been in a nail polish slump.

I spent the last few weeks with nothing but a pinky sheer base coat on my nails. Every time I would pick a color from my (embarrassingly large) collection, I’d take it off the next day. I couldn’t even keep a classic red on. Insert Carrie Bradshaw voice-over: Would I ever feel polished again?

Ohhhhh LOL.

I just started wearing this pearly beauty from Dior last week and I’m totally back in the game. It has a frosty matte finish and packs a lot of shimmer. Right now I’m just wearing it on it’s own (but I can imagine it’s pretty killer if you treat it like a top coat) and I really can’t stop staring at my hands…

I do have to warn you that it’s limited edition. So if you try it and love it, stock up.

• Twelve Questions
    Twelve Questions
  • Goldie Locks
    Goldie Locks
  • A beauty minute with Jessica
    A beauty minute with...
  • Sneaker Couture
    Sneaker Couture

• It's About L.A April, 7 2014, 2:25 / Reply

Ce vernis a l’air superbe !

L.A

• andreea April, 7 2014, 2:25

i wanna see it on nails! :)

• STYLONYM April, 7 2014, 2:29 / Reply

Haha, I’m not wearing any polish either due to a lack of approval of my current collection .. this one is very very good, beautiful!

X STYLONYM http://www.stylonym.blogspot.com

• Pauline April, 7 2014, 3:22 / Reply

Il est magnifique celui ci ! <3 J'ai hésité l'autre jour au Printemps, j'aurais pas du !

• Fashion Musings Diary April, 7 2014, 3:51 / Reply

Je vais me renseigner… Thank you for sharing! ;)

• Suze April, 7 2014, 4:11 / Reply

It looks like a gorgeous shade, Alex!

I too have been in a nailpolish slump! Is it the change of season? I don’t know! (The Carrie voice-over had me smiling :)). But I ran into a pinkish wine-colour with a bit of sparkle today and totally fell for it, just applied it, and I’m happy!

Sometimes I want to move away a bit from the reds/pinks I usually wear though, so I’m totally open to suggestions! (But really, who can pull off like blue-ish or green-ish lacque? Even coral seems difficult to me!).

• Rebeka April, 7 2014, 4:20 / Reply

Oh man, I’ve been in the same slump. So frustrating, especially since I normally always have my nails painted. It’s been like 6 weeks. Yikes! Anyway, I agree with Andreea, I would love to see it on your nails. It looks gorgeous in the bottle.

• Madie April, 7 2014, 5:20 / Reply

Hey Alex, it’s so funny (and helpful !) to see this post because I’m going through the same phase with my nails (and my hair, they’re too long and boring because they grow fast). I do think it’s the change of season that is always uncomfortable and it reflect first on my nails and hair. I’m also nail polish obsessed and I found myself not liking any of the colors I have. I do tend to buy “classic colors” so I kinda feel I need to try more unusual nail polishes and yours is so so pretty. ** I’m really into this kind of shimmery effects right now so I’ll try this one. Plus, pink is definitely a HUGE beauty trend this spring.

• Marta April, 8 2014, 2:22 / Reply

Oh wow – such a pretty shade, kinda iridescent

• M. April, 8 2014, 3:57 / Reply

Frosty and matte? I don’t get it. Anyway, gardening season is one the way. I will be lucky to get out of the house with clean nails.

• Irene April, 8 2014, 9:45 / Reply

Beautiful shimmery colour! I think colours like this are so easy to wear and when the colour chips a little it’s hardly noticeable so no need to remove once it’s starts chipping. What’s not to like!

• Debbie April, 10 2014, 2:45 / Reply

Alex, this is funny because when I saw your post I looked down at my hands and realized that I’m wearing the exact same shade (done the day before) although mine is two coats of O.P.I. “Rosy Future” topped with one coat of O.P.I. “Princesses Rule”. So, if Dior discontinues this color, and you’re not already too bored with it, you can get the same look (that’s if O.P.I. doesn’t discontinue theirs). I went to Sephora today wearing the O.P.I. shades and tried Perle on one of my nails – exact same effect if you put it on twice…..just saying. xo