lauras-bracelets-garance-dore

Everyday

I really love personal jewelry, the kind that has been passed down in a family and has a story. The pieces that you never take it off. For me, it’s a watch that belonged to my grandfather.

These bracelets belong to Laura and she wears them every single day. Some she got when she was born, some are from her grandmother and some are new. I especially love the one with the gold coins!

• Justify My Love
    Stories
    Justify My Love
  • Tie Dye
    Tie Dye
  • Lock It
    Lock It
    Style Story /...

• dinka July, 3 2014, 5:05 / Reply

Lovely

• andreea July, 3 2014, 5:05

my every day pieces are from romanian brands oval oval and carla szabo! :)

• Vincent July, 3 2014, 5:21 / Reply

Vraiment mignon cette accumulation de bracelets

• will July, 3 2014, 5:29 / Reply

Hi there! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and
    look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

• elle July, 3 2014, 5:50 / Reply

all my jewellery is the same…I NEVER take it off (i’m a chronic loser-of-things) my emerald engagement ring (which I should take off to do ‘work’–apparently it was made for women who poured tea and light cigarettes -unfortunately I do a more than that everyday) , diamond ring, bangles, are on forever and I am a rarity of my friends — thanks for my making me feel less alone, yet even more fantastic! xo

• Renata July, 3 2014, 5:53 / Reply

Thanks true. They not only have sentimental value but the pieces that our grandparents had is different, hard to find something like it today.

• bijoux July, 3 2014, 6:22 / Reply

My first trip to Africa, I got a thin gold chain necklace, cut so it sparkles a little. I put it on in the plane before I left, and have never taken it off. Never! I shower, swim, everything. That was in 2006, if you can believe it. It’s part of my body I think.

• Rachelle July, 3 2014, 6:45 / Reply

So pretty, I love her bracelets.

xo
    ?PinkSole?

• Noemi July, 3 2014, 6:53 / Reply

I like the bracelet with the coins, too. And the one with the heart. Nobody in my family invested in jewelry, unfortunately.

• Ashley July, 3 2014, 7:13 / Reply

Which nail polish is she wearing? I absolutely love it!

• Bianca @itsallbee July, 3 2014, 7:35 / Reply

These are lovely. I love the first and the last on.

Dubai | A Visual Diary

• Alix July, 3 2014, 7:47 / Reply

J’ai reserve mon poignet gauche a mes grigris, bracelets du moment, lien en cuir avec médailles multiples en or plus quelques bracelets ramenés de voyages et de temps en temps j’y ajoute une chaine en argent hermes que j’aime énormément. Un doux melange que je ne quitte jamais, mes enfants adorent le bruit de ces bracelets qui s’entre-choquent, ma signature auditive pour eux…
    Happy 4th of July
    Bisous
    Alix

• Judith A. Ross July, 3 2014, 8:19 / Reply

I love that too, Alex. For me, it’s a bracelet my mom bought me when I was sixteen. She passed away the following year, so its really special.

And I have to say, I am so envious of anyone with beautiful, young, skin, like Laura. Stay out of the sun, folks!

• Gap July, 3 2014, 8:36 / Reply

I love all these bracelets weared together!!
    XOX, Gap.

• Liz July, 3 2014, 8:56 / Reply

love the bracelets…so pretty

• Lansky July, 3 2014, 11:52 / Reply

Le seul bijoux que je porte tous les jours, c’est ma chaîne en or très délicate de bébé/enfant. J’ai 24 ans maintenant et elle me va toujours. J’ai aussi une chaîne aussi en or qui était à mon père (non, il est toujours vivant). Je la mets rarement parce qu’elle est plus épaisse et longue mais j’y tiens tout autant.

• kurt July, 4 2014, 3:06 / Reply

In love with these bracelets.

• The Slow Pace July, 4 2014, 3:11 / Reply

I always wear my grandfathers’ watch. I also wear a little chain around my neck with his wedding ring, together with two charms that belonged to my grandmother and mum. This is how I feel them close to me, even though they are not here any more.
    That watch and that chain are the most important things for me in the world.
    xx,
    E.

• Sandrine July, 4 2014, 3:28 / Reply

Le sertissage des pièces d’or est très original, cela en fait un bijou magnifique.

• Ali July, 4 2014, 3:50 / Reply

Celui avec les pièces est superbe, un peu Lara Melchior dans l’inspiration mais en version plus bling bling.
    On peut parler de sa manucure parfaite également ?
    Baci, Ali

• Ka July, 4 2014, 4:35 / Reply

En tous les cas très jolie photo.
    J’ai une “chaîne”,(ce doit être un raz-du-cou), qui ressemble beaucoup au bijou à droite de celui à pièces. Je suis incapable de dire où je l’ai rangée ?… Bonne journée!

• sandy July, 4 2014, 5:07 / Reply

I love those bracelets, so glamour!

• hilerobe July, 4 2014, 5:28 / Reply

Un très beau bracelet, c’est mon rêve. Aujourd’hui, vous voyez ici dans cette image, très heureux. Où puis-je l’acheter? ?

• idahama July, 4 2014, 5:30 / Reply

Beautiful xo

• Ekaterina July, 4 2014, 5:32 / Reply

Hello! Thank you for this post:)
    My favorite piece of jewelry is my grandfather´s watch as well:)
    I had trouble with starting wearing them because they stopped exactly on the hour of his death.
    But 20 years later I wear them every day. As well as wedding ring that he bought for me when I was little girl. I remember when he gave it to me and said that one day many years from now I will need such one, and that he wanted it to be his present for me when I will find the right one and will decide to get married. It is just like he knew that he would not be there for my wedding.
    So it feels like caring pieces of his love with me.

• Mónica Sors July, 4 2014, 5:53 / Reply

Love them!!

Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES A PARIS

• l'oliphant July, 4 2014, 7:08 / Reply

j’adore l’idée que les bijoux se transmettent, c’est sans doute pour ça que je les préfère aux vêtements!
    je dis souvent à mes clientes de penser que leur arrière-arrière petite fille porteront sans doute le bijoux qu’elles achètent. les bijoux nous survivent et je trouve ça magique! ;)

• Madeliene rose July, 4 2014, 7:36 / Reply

My mother bought a necklace some time in the 70s – this beautiful piece that i wear for as many occasions as possible! It s great when jewellery comes with it s own story! http://madelienerose.com

• La pose mode July, 4 2014, 7:59 / Reply

Ces bracelets sont très sympa ! Ils illuminent sont poignet :)
    Bise !!

laposemode.fr

• Lison July, 4 2014, 8:36 / Reply

Personnellement, si il y a bien un bijoux que je porte depuis des années maintenant qui m’a été transmis, c’est une bague (un camée) qui vient de Florence, elle a été rapporté par ma maman. Je ne l’enlève jamais, ni pour dormir, ni pour me doucher, ni pour l’océan, ni pour la piscine, ni pour quelconque autre raison!!

bisous bisous
    Lison

http//wildlysweet.blogspot.fr

• Caroline July, 4 2014, 9:59 / Reply

J’adore ces bijoux qui ont un sens et que l’on transmet de mère en fille… Elle a beaucoup de chance, ses bijoux sont magnifiques, et rien de plus beau qu’une accumulation de bijoux dorés l’été !

• Sevan July, 4 2014, 10:51 / Reply

Le bracelet a pieces est superbe.
    Il faut effectivement transmettre ses bijoux mais aussi ses livres, objets, etc….si les enfants et petits-enfants les reclament. Une belle facon de transmettre l’histoire de la famille.

• L'épingle July, 4 2014, 12:38 / Reply

Je ne porte pas la montre de mon grand-père mais sa chaîne de montre (ben oui, il était né en 78,…1878). Elle est double, ce qui nous fait un belle longueur, mais en or creux. Ah ! la bourgeoisie du début du (vingtième) siècle, tout dans l’apparence !

• Laura July, 4 2014, 1:08 / Reply

J’adore! Ses bracelets sont magnifiques!

Xx

• caroline July, 4 2014, 4:02 / Reply

I agree, personal jewelry that has meaning is the best. I have a beautiful watch that belonged to my grandfather as well as a necklace that was my mom’s and was passed down to her from my other grandfather.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

• L July, 4 2014, 7:54 / Reply

I always wear a ring that was my mother’s. She let me borrow it when I was a teenager and I haven’t taken it off since

• Eliza Nina July, 6 2014, 10:26 / Reply

I, too, am intrigued by the history of jewelry that has been passed down from one generation to the next. My grandmother had beautiful collections of jewelry, all of which were handed to her 7 (yes 7!) daughters! So I am just waiting to inherit a pair of diamond earrings from my mother! :-) In the interim, I try to build my own collection, and my everyday favorites are my gold bangles from Tiffany. Laura’s bracelets are uniquely beautiful. I especially love the one with the heart and the gold coins!

• Delphine July, 7 2014, 10:09 / Reply

J’adore ces bracelets et aussi cette façon de les donner de générations en générations. Viens faire un petit tour sur mon site web (swagging.fr), tu y trouveras peut-être des accessoires et des vêtements qui se complèteront avec ta collection.

• Charlotte July, 7 2014, 4:33 / Reply

Je suis heureuse de constater que je ne suis pas la seule à aimer les bijoux à histoires. C’est d’ailleurs ce qui m’a poussée à ouvrir ma boutique de bijoux anciens. J’essaie ainsi de transmettre une pièce unique, avec un vécu particulier, qui ne se retrouve pas au poignet de la première voisine de métro… N’hésitez pas à la découvrir et à me dire ce que vous en pensez :)

• charlotte July, 7 2014, 4:33

Avec le lien c’est mieux :) http://www.macadamardent.com