Here are some more tips from Ashley!
- Get ahead of the game and make friends with your local department store shoe sales associate to add your name to the ‘call list’ when larger sizes first arrive.
- Neiman Marcus seems to have the largest selection of size 42s of any department store and the best website search function to find them.
- J.Crew: Carries size 42 in most styles and the ballet flats run generously.
- Saint Laurent: You never thought you might wear men’s shoes until now. Their short boots are slim fitting and, according to their sales person, “unisex”.
- Jimmy Choo: Just launched a made-to-order service and manufacture up to size 43.
- Ancient Greek Sandals: Carries size 42. Order quickly for summer as they take 6-8 weeks to deliver.
- Barbara Shaum: Bespoke leather sandals in whatever size you like! Visit the renowned cobbler in her East Village shop that also functions as her studio.
- Jack Rabbit Sports: Offers women’s running shoes in size 12 and sometimes 13, in various widths.
- Vans & Superga: Classic unisex sneakers.